Surprisingly, things ended up going well after a very inauspicious beginning. On Friday I was so bored I started fiddling with my work email signature. Usually it says something innocent like "Jane Doe, Administrative Assistant." Throughout the course of the day, I changed it several times to such things as "Jane Doe, Secretary to the Stars" and "Jane Doe, EVP of Quackery." I forgot that I'd done this until I'd emailed four external parties with an email signature that read "Jane Doe, Honey Badger." Not my proudest moment although one person did respond saying he loved my "handle" and the end of his email said "Sent via my Dixie cup and string device" which I thought was funny.
I was actually looking forward to going to back to work after the second long weekend in a row. Too many days off and I feel unemployed, slothful, and in need of structure. I wasn't exactly in the best of moods all day and I didn't have as good an attitude as I'd hoped, but it really wasn't bad. Certain things pissed me off early in the day and I got a bit irritable in the afternoon, but nothing major and I only slammed my hands on my desk once when my boss hollered for me. Even though that man still drives me crazy and I hate parts of my job, I am beginning to reconcile myself to the fact that I might remain here for some time. That's a bit strange for me to fathom just because I was promoted so quickly in my old department and then transferred relatively soon after. But I have a good job that I can manage to enjoy and I have great benefits. I also have someone who looks out for me and says things like "you know how you are going to be evaluated in March? You want to have a file of all of your accomplishments and achievements to present to boss man." I've never had to do that before so wouldn't have thought about it. The two month's notice is helpful indeed. And, since I won't be drinking
Side note: I bought a bunch of fruit before I started this detox. A grapefruit is, inexplicably, on my living room floor and Johan is trying to eat it.
All in all, not a bad day. I even drew a face on an egg.*
And now, off to my slightly charred yet delicious steak and my train wreck snow peas. The recipe said crips and delicious, mine are soggy and probably burnt but hell, at least I'm eating some vegetables.
*Afterwards, I put it in the break room fridge. I'mma eat him tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment