Monday, August 8, 2011

I've had better beginnings to my weeks in the past. This one has started off with a forgotten about physician's appointment (including blood draws) and a cranky dick of a boss. Very nice. 

The weekend wasn't so hot either, though it wasn't necessarily bad. I just watched a ton of DVDs (Murder, She Wrote, The King's Speech, Unknown, and The Other Guys [for the 700th time]), did chores, stayed up wicked late, and puttered around. Not exactly engaging with life these days, am I? I plan on making much better use of my next weekend, especially as I've taken off Monday and am working from home most of Friday (unless my cranky boss decides there is some reason I need to come into the office after our external meeting). I don't know how I'll spend my time but I definitely think I need to cool things off with the television. We've become clingy towards one another and our relationship just isn't healthy anymore. Perhaps I'll finish The Beautiful and Damned for book club (dude, right? I know, who the fuck reads F. Scott Fitzgerald for a work book club?)

I should probably also go back to the gym since I'm still paying for it. And maybe just take a few walks outside (walking to the store does not count). I'm at risk of becoming a creepy hermit who emerges from her cage only for necessities. I need to take advantage of the nicer weather and longer days (I dig the longer days but it has been so fucking hot and bright that I've been huddling under my covers with the AC on full blast ) before they disappear. I thought about things I need from a partner (god that word is awful) and taking advantage of what life has to offer is on that list. Big, fat, fucking hypocrite I am! So I'm resolved to turn over a new leaf to start embracing life and do stuff. What stuff? I don't know. I can just walk around downtown or drive around to get to know my city better. Anything but another fucking "Toddlers and Tiaras" marathon.

I probably won't embrace life though. I'll probably just creep out of my cave once in awhile, take a few drives, read some books, and then take a nap. But I think I'd still consider that a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment