Tuesday, August 23, 2011

So it is official: I despise my job. It seems like every day there is something new to piss me off about it, though I'm sure I'm at least somewhat 'looking' for things to be annoyed about. I'm annoyed about being asked to do things that should be handled by people in different departments (why I'm in charged of scheduling a conference with a state client when I don't work for that client, I don't know) and being asked to do things that I've made clear I have no clue about (build a computer out of an old AM/FM stereo, a coat hanger, some d-volt batteries, and a few twist ties). I'm sick and tired of my fucking boss not listening to me (told him twice on Friday that I needed him to be the point of contact for some people and he still called me at home to ask why I hadn't contacted them) and asking me to contact person A to ask him to contact person B (as opposed to person B contacting person A directly). I'm sick of his pompous attitude, his gross incompetence, and his ridiculous attitude. He's an OK friend but a shitty fucking manager and I can't believe I have to actually report to him. Whilst I do make more money now and my transition was to a somewhat higher role in the company, moving from my old department was a huge mistake.

Well, maybe not entirely a mistake. After all, it wasn't all sunshine and glitter in my old position because I often wanted to kill my coworker or fork myself in the eyeball then as well. But at least I could rely on my manager to be a decent human being and know what she was doing. This guy, my god. Half the time I am given no explanation why he is asking me to work on things that are technically outside my job description and my company. He has no idea of what I have been and have not been trained on and just assumes I know everything. Makes me want to kick him in the balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment