I received an email from my health insurance carrier this evening. It was just letting me know that I had an EOB available for viewing. So I viewed it. Amazingly, all of my ER visits and various tests have been covered by my insurance and co-pays. Unfortunately, J owes just under $500 for his sleep studies and sleep apnea. I emailed him a PDF copy to let him know and told him I'd help with the cost if needed. His response was "thanks." I don't know what I expected from him but that rankled me, probably just because I am hyper sensitive just now. But really? No "wow, glad you don't have a ton of loot due to having a spinal tap and CT and MRI." No "glad you aren't n the hole for more given the number of appointments you've had." I have been incredibly worried about what I might expect in medical bills and so was relieved to see it was all covered.. All I get is 'thanks.'
But he doesn't know so why be upset. It was a business-like transaction and he doesn't owe me anything. I really do believe I am being hyper sensitive because of the news I received yesterday. Take it in stride like everything else.
I wore my Thundercats shirt to my meeting this morning. Hey, it's casual Friday and there are no words, just a symbol on my shirt. I was once again surprised by the total ignorance from all the other attendees. One woman had heard of Thundercats but didn't know the details. Come on! Some of the people have kids my age and others are my age. How can you not know about this show? We had a fun little conversation about this and what He-Man is before someone brought the meeting to order, acknowledging that she was bringing an end to a raucous discussion. The best part was that when I was leaving the parking garage, the attendent saw my shirt and said "I see your shirt; are you watching the new version?" The attendant knew the show! And he watches it! He has kids in their early 20's and so that is why he knows it, he said. I was surprised. I thought it was a show people my age an a bit older knew, not early 20's. But whatev, Thundercats lives on.
I'm watching the original Batman on BBC America, for the second time (back to back). What a fabulous movie this is! Have you gone back and watched it? Wonderful. But why the fuck did Bruce Wayne spend money on things like a plane shaped like a bat? Is there an aerodynamic design strategy that came into play or was it just in keeping with his moniker? It crashes in this movie and so I have to wonder if he'll make another one. Really, doesn't seem worth it to me. And Vicky Vale, can we stop with the screaming? I get it, you are startled and scared but screaming? Tired of it. Why not throw out an expletive.
Other than that, doing fine. I'm being very prodigious in my blog posts today, aren't I? An odd restlessness, an expanse of free time, and self obsession, I believe.
Oh, and I friended my male kin twin on facebook, which I'm sure would incense J. That isn't why I did it. J has female friends from school and yet he insists that Kin Twin is just angling to fuck me. I once asked J if that was why he was such good friends with N, because he hoped to fuck her, and he got annoyed. I wasn't serious, just pointing out that if you tell me the only reason a guy talks to a woman is because he wants pussy, I am going to ask if that is why you talk to a woman. Kin Twin doesn't want to fuck me. We just have lots in common and we amuse one another. But I suppose I'll have to tell J just so he isn't surprised or taken aback. I said in a recent post that I don't understand women who don't like women and get along better with men. That isn't me. I think I relate better to women because I am a woman but I also enjoy my friendships with guys. It has nothing to do with pricks and twats but everything to do with personalities. I would very much like to ask Kin Twin to come with me when I get my tattoo just so I have a friend there but I have to wonder what J would think. J doesn't want to attend my first clinic visit so I doubt he'd want to be there for a tattoo. But it is a sticky issue.
Well, back to batman.
But he doesn't know so why be upset. It was a business-like transaction and he doesn't owe me anything. I really do believe I am being hyper sensitive because of the news I received yesterday. Take it in stride like everything else.
I wore my Thundercats shirt to my meeting this morning. Hey, it's casual Friday and there are no words, just a symbol on my shirt. I was once again surprised by the total ignorance from all the other attendees. One woman had heard of Thundercats but didn't know the details. Come on! Some of the people have kids my age and others are my age. How can you not know about this show? We had a fun little conversation about this and what He-Man is before someone brought the meeting to order, acknowledging that she was bringing an end to a raucous discussion. The best part was that when I was leaving the parking garage, the attendent saw my shirt and said "I see your shirt; are you watching the new version?" The attendant knew the show! And he watches it! He has kids in their early 20's and so that is why he knows it, he said. I was surprised. I thought it was a show people my age an a bit older knew, not early 20's. But whatev, Thundercats lives on.
I'm watching the original Batman on BBC America, for the second time (back to back). What a fabulous movie this is! Have you gone back and watched it? Wonderful. But why the fuck did Bruce Wayne spend money on things like a plane shaped like a bat? Is there an aerodynamic design strategy that came into play or was it just in keeping with his moniker? It crashes in this movie and so I have to wonder if he'll make another one. Really, doesn't seem worth it to me. And Vicky Vale, can we stop with the screaming? I get it, you are startled and scared but screaming? Tired of it. Why not throw out an expletive.
Other than that, doing fine. I'm being very prodigious in my blog posts today, aren't I? An odd restlessness, an expanse of free time, and self obsession, I believe.
Oh, and I friended my male kin twin on facebook, which I'm sure would incense J. That isn't why I did it. J has female friends from school and yet he insists that Kin Twin is just angling to fuck me. I once asked J if that was why he was such good friends with N, because he hoped to fuck her, and he got annoyed. I wasn't serious, just pointing out that if you tell me the only reason a guy talks to a woman is because he wants pussy, I am going to ask if that is why you talk to a woman. Kin Twin doesn't want to fuck me. We just have lots in common and we amuse one another. But I suppose I'll have to tell J just so he isn't surprised or taken aback. I said in a recent post that I don't understand women who don't like women and get along better with men. That isn't me. I think I relate better to women because I am a woman but I also enjoy my friendships with guys. It has nothing to do with pricks and twats but everything to do with personalities. I would very much like to ask Kin Twin to come with me when I get my tattoo just so I have a friend there but I have to wonder what J would think. J doesn't want to attend my first clinic visit so I doubt he'd want to be there for a tattoo. But it is a sticky issue.
Well, back to batman.
No comments:
Post a Comment