You Dead Yet?
Boredom & Other Coed Sports
In Other News
I think the next time someone asks me how I'm feeling, I'm going to reply "MS-y" just to satisfy them. Honest to god, why people are looking out for signs of my condition I will never know. But it is obnoxious and it makes me feel really uncomfortable. Instead of voicing my discomfort to these overly concerned individuals, I shall simply be childlike and do my best to discomfit them. Take that tactlessly inquisitive colleagues!
Boredom & Other Coed Sports
I am finding life to be incredibly dull and empty these days. I'm sure it hasn't really changed that much since J moved out but the time weighs heavily on my hands. I've watched far too much television (TNT on demand programming as well as most of the on demand offerings from TLC), eaten too much frozen (but delicious) pizza, and basically wasted a lot of time. What I expect I could have been doing with that time I don't know. Having pest control come on Wednesday gave me busy work to keep me productive but I fear I may lose steam and find that half of the items I removed from my kitchen might not make it back. This shit needs to change.
I've tried throwing myself into my work, but right now it is pretty slow. If I had a stimulating, complex, and time consuming project, that would be just fantastic. As it is, I just have recruiting tasks and one formatting need so I've got plenty of time to read old Dear Abby columns (yes, I am 87 years old), read the news, and continuously clean and organize my cubicle. Every month when I pay my student loan payment, I feel a rich sense of accomplishment with all I've done in life. Obviously.
The weird thing is that I'm not really that frustrated with this boredom and ridiculous banality that is my life at present. I feel pretty complacent, something deeply foreign to me. Sit around watching "Teen Mom" and "Toddlers and Tiaras" whilst eating pizza, string cheese, and drinking anything but water? Meh, why not. Does it really matter if the rarely used spices and vinegars make it back into the kitchen cupboards? I mean, they aren't hurting anything by being bagged up on a dining room chair. And laundry? Meh, I have enough clothing to necessitate nothing more than a single trip to the laundry room a month. OMG, is this how it starts for those individuals who end up weighing 400 pounds and living in squalor? I'd better finish putting in the new shelf paper stat!
In Other News
J and I have finally managed to take some time off from one another. On Tuesday he asked me to come over because he was having a panic attack and on Wednesday we texted a little bit. But we were silent yesterday and this will probably carry on today and throughout the weekend. I'm a bit perplexed at how quickly I've adapted to this. My apartment feels very much like something a single woman would have and I'm used to being on my own already. I no longer feel the need to talk at people, whilst sobbing, or to express my fear. I'm even sleeping again. I know I adapt to things quickly and that I bounce back faster than a lot of people, but really? I'm incredibly pleased that I'm able to hold my shit together again but this just feel very odd.
All in all, I just don't feel like myself.

You could always spend your time painting portraits of me and writing me songs and love letters, or helping me stalk Colin Farrell. But first, put your kitchen back together and make pizza from scratch, learn to cook, and switch to reruns of Mob Wives.
ReplyDeleteYou really want my focus all on you, don't you, Chey?
ReplyDeleteYou know, I actually do know how to cook. I learned when I was about 12 and my mom had shoulder surgery. Mom also, briefly, had a catering company so I can cook fairly well. Was thinking about starting up again.
What channel shows Mob Wives?