Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Solitude - Day, uhm, 6?

Sorry, had to go back and look at past posts to see if I had the number of days right. I started with Friday since that is when the Bat and Monkey flew out and I only saw them in the morning.

On My Own (as performed by Patty LaBelle and that white dude)
I'm really starting to feel like I live on my own at this point, mainly because, as I've said, I basically just hangout in my room and seldom venture out save for bathroom breaks and food (which I bring back to my room). It's kind of weird because when I walk out to the kitchen, I see evidence of my roommates but not only are they not here, but I hear very infrequently from the Bat. I sent him a single text yesterday to let him know that I get to have another meeting added to my calendar (weekly at that) and his response was "Fun. I'm visiting with grandma now." OK, at first I was all "hold up, son! All of my grandparents are dead so how are you hanging out with one of my grandmothers" because he phrased it like it was a person we both knew. Then I had really creepy images of him being a complete nutter, having lied to me about where he was going since neither of grandmothers are buried in California and if he was hanging out with one of them, was he just chilling at the grave site or did he dig one up?  After thinking about really scary circumstances with the Bat playing a sociopathic/necrophiliac/lunatic role, I came back down to reality and just mentally made fun of his family for being so lame with the grandparents naming. I seriously think everyone is grandma and grandpa. I understand that not everyone is going to have an Ammy and Pop or, as my mother is called, Mimi, but can't we be creative at all with this? But, to each their own.

My point, hidden though it be, is that not only do I not see these people, I don't hear from them very often either. So it really is beginning to feel like I live alone, which is all fine and dandy until I start imagining them NEVER coming home and then I'd have to take over making mortgage and utility payments and hellllllssss nah.
This bitch ain't got that kinda scratch, yo

Girls! (as performed by the Beastie Boys)
Last night was girls' night and, as usual it was fun. You know, until horror stories of sexual abuse popped up. I felt really bad because I was the one who needed to be comforted. I swear, I looked at my friend Spectero and with my mouth agape as Gigantor* rubbed my back because I was super horrified. I couldn't even eat my food.
Found this when doing a Google Image search for "horrified" and I think it is VERY apropos

But let's not discuss that shall we? Girls' night is always fun because Spectero gets to play a game called "will my husband remember that it is girls' night or will he text and ask me where I am." Last night she thought he remembered because he hadn't contacted her and the next thing we knew, he was texting her for that reason and then said something about "so no dinner?" which cracked me up because I imagined him stumbling around the house and walking around the center island in the kitchen trying to figure out how food happens without his wife around. Meanwhile, Gigantor's husband (newly married) was very worried that she'd get shitfaced and we'd let her drive home like that. Because that is the kind of people we are apparently. And dude knows us. Gigantor works at the sushi bar where I met Spectero and her husband is the bartender that knows us well enough to know how to make our drinks (plenty of alcohol and just a little bit of that pesky juice please). This was Gigantor's first time joining us and I think she had fun. We'll find out by seeing if she wants to go again. We call it the Awkward Girl's Club now that there are three of us because that is how Gigantor joined. Spectero and I were talking about how we are awkward with people and Gigantor, who was working the bar, said "so am I! I want to come out!" 

Roommate Status
Meanwhile, my SO was in California living it up with his family and, apparently, Facebooking. Do people generally Facebook on vacation? I mean, he hasn't done it a lot, just two posts, but I thought that was odd. One was just "At Some Restaurant With" and tagging his daughter, something he generally doesn't do. But whatevs. Today I think he heads for his old hometown where he can throw down with friends from high school and compare notes on how old and responsible they all are now. I think it is adorable that he is into that shit and it'll be nice for him to see people he hasn't seen in years. I would say it should be fun for Monkey to hear about dear old dad's high school hijinks but then again, the Bat is nothing if not a bit of a braggart so we've all heard plenty of stories about all different periods of his life. I just hope he doesn't decide to show me pictures of him posed with his ex girlfriends. No, that seriously is the type of thing he would do. Early on in our relationship, he made a point of showing me pictures of chicks he dated way back in the day (pre marriage and baby) and he's shown me a picture of him kissing his wife on their wedding day. 
Say what?!?!?!??!?!

I know, narcissism at its finest. He is a special one is our Bat. I do feel bad for him though, as he is planning on flying back on Sunday and will have to go to work the next day. I told him he should return Saturday since he is flying standby because Sunday is when all the business travelers head out. He sort of dismissed me but did say something about finding out from his brother what the flights were like (he and Monkey get buddy passes because his brother works for an airline).  

That's all folks, I've got to get back to work.**

*Gigantor's name was chosen because I needed a pseudonym but couldn't think of anything that didn't seem utterly racist. She is a tiny Cambodian girl so, as I said, I didn't want to be all racist sounding. So I did what you do when you call big people Tiny and named a tiny person Gigantor. 

**After hitting publish, I had to edit this post twice. I rule at life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment