Have you noticed how fucking tricky these pop up ads are getting? The actual 'x' to ex out of them is in light gray so you end up accidentally hitting a different part of the ad, thus taking you to the site. And for the life of me, I can't figure out if I have my pop up blocker set or not on this laptop. Oh, did I mention I got a new laptop? Trucker went with me to Best Buy the Friday we left for camping to help me find a cheap, personal laptop. He'd seen an ad for a cheap one and we ended up locating it (it was mislabeled) and tada! Actually, beyond tada because Trucker let me use his $5 gift card and I got a discount by using his Best Buy club card thing. It is an ASUS and that is all I can tell you. He made it out to seem like I'd end up with something with a tiny screen but this one is large enough and I really like it, though I'm having some trouble with the keyboard from time to time (you have to strike the keys rather hard and everything seems slightly to the left so if I want to switch to my work laptop, I'm all thumbs).
Anyhow, fuck those ads.
Monkey and the Bat got home yesterday afternoon. I had a feeling they'd return Saturday, though I wasn't expecting them that early. I'm afraid I let them down though, as I didn't jump or anything and the Bat had evidently told Monkey to watch for me to jump. I just said "Hey!" and that was it. Good to have them back but I still seem to spend a lot of my time in my room. I'm hoping to move out by October 1st so having all my stuff in one place is helpful. I toured a really nice apartment yesterday morning and I liked it but am going to wait for the leasing office lady to get back to me when a different model is open because I don't want to be on the first floor. I'll have a balcony and a fireplace and I'll be paying way less than I was at Springfield (which was, however, a really, really nice place). I explained to the Bat that I just realized this week that I prefer living on my own and he said it would work out for him too as he'd have alone time. I can go to my room but he doesn't have anywhere and apparently I bother him sometimes. That's understandable. I will say, however, that he isn't the type you'd think would require much alone time given how much he tries to surround himself with others. But it's natural and we all want alone time; it's just a shame that we don't want it at the same time I suppose. Oh, and he suggested that his day porter and friends might be willing to help me move for a couple of bucks and we can use Monkey's truck if need be. So perhaps this will be a smooth transition. The complex is also a bit closer to work, though my commute is still going to blow.
So my people are back and the Bat is currently in clean mode. I ran to the store for a few things and when I came back he was bagging up trash and then he started vacuuming. I know I complained about the way the left the place when the split for California, but I swear I didn't trash the place in revenge or anything. I really need to work on my poor, neglected garden but it is so fucking hot outside, even as I type this (which is before noon) and so I'm afraid I haven't much enthusiasm. I'm thinking I'll have a quiet, lazy Sunday and prep for my work week.
Here's hoping we all have a lovely week.
Anyhow, fuck those ads.
Monkey and the Bat got home yesterday afternoon. I had a feeling they'd return Saturday, though I wasn't expecting them that early. I'm afraid I let them down though, as I didn't jump or anything and the Bat had evidently told Monkey to watch for me to jump. I just said "Hey!" and that was it. Good to have them back but I still seem to spend a lot of my time in my room. I'm hoping to move out by October 1st so having all my stuff in one place is helpful. I toured a really nice apartment yesterday morning and I liked it but am going to wait for the leasing office lady to get back to me when a different model is open because I don't want to be on the first floor. I'll have a balcony and a fireplace and I'll be paying way less than I was at Springfield (which was, however, a really, really nice place). I explained to the Bat that I just realized this week that I prefer living on my own and he said it would work out for him too as he'd have alone time. I can go to my room but he doesn't have anywhere and apparently I bother him sometimes. That's understandable. I will say, however, that he isn't the type you'd think would require much alone time given how much he tries to surround himself with others. But it's natural and we all want alone time; it's just a shame that we don't want it at the same time I suppose. Oh, and he suggested that his day porter and friends might be willing to help me move for a couple of bucks and we can use Monkey's truck if need be. So perhaps this will be a smooth transition. The complex is also a bit closer to work, though my commute is still going to blow.
So my people are back and the Bat is currently in clean mode. I ran to the store for a few things and when I came back he was bagging up trash and then he started vacuuming. I know I complained about the way the left the place when the split for California, but I swear I didn't trash the place in revenge or anything. I really need to work on my poor, neglected garden but it is so fucking hot outside, even as I type this (which is before noon) and so I'm afraid I haven't much enthusiasm. I'm thinking I'll have a quiet, lazy Sunday and prep for my work week.
Here's hoping we all have a lovely week.
No comments:
Post a Comment