I know you've all been waiting with bated breath, lighting candles, sending prayers, waving crystals, etc. regarding my car issues so I'm beyond happy to give you the good news. I got my car back about an hour ago! I don't remember how many times my car was transported last time I blogged so this may be repetitious but whatev, it's my blog. So, here is what happened with my car, in list style.
This is totally opposite of what I have a feeling the Bat's mood will be when he gets home. After work, he came home to grab some mattresses, throw them in the truck, and drive to his parents' house. They are switching out beds for Monkey's room and Monkey spent the week there. After that, he has to go to Allen to bid on a tile job. Then he'll get to come home and I have a feeling he won't be in a good mood simply because he won't have had a chance to chill out. So I'll leave him alone for a good forty minutes or until he approaches me because I know that feeling. We all know Simply does not like to drive anywhere or do chores after work and the Bat's chores involve a LOT of driving.
Tomorrow we are having lunch with a colleague of mine, along with his wife. Sunday we are having lunch with a couple friend of ours. I'm certain I'll need to hole up in my room Sunday night, having been peopled out. "But Simply, you've been home alone with no human contact all week! How can two days of socialization people you out?" I don't know, it just happens, leave me alone about it.
For the moment, I am going to sit in the greenhouse, drinking beer and listening to the Russ Martin show. I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend followed by a less emotionally traumatic week.
- On Sunday your intrepid blogger set out to tour an apartment. She noticed a stuttering and "something turning over" feeling in her car. She was worried but buried her head in the sand.
- On Tuesday morning, after dealing with Monday's commute, said intrepid blogger dropped her car off at Golden Rule, her go to neighborhood auto shop, and then walked home.
- Later that Tuesday, Golden Rule called SIB to inform her that the problem seemed to be transmission related and so they would organize a transfer of the car to Rowlett Transmission, Golden Rule's go to for transmission issues.
- Thursday roles around and SIB is about ready to lose her shit about her car and is tired of being stuck at home. Rowlett Transmission calls to let her know that the issue really seems to be underlying motor issues, causing the transmission to act up. The car is to be transferred back to Golden Rule.
- Finally, today, Golden Rule calls SIB and informs her of the issues and the estimate. SIB nearly pisses herself with joy because the price is not astronomical and isn't going to break her.
So there you go. I got Peanut back and didn't lose all of my savings. I have to say, working from home since Tuesday drove me fucking batty and I'm looking forward to going into the office on Monday. So my mood is great.
This is totally opposite of what I have a feeling the Bat's mood will be when he gets home. After work, he came home to grab some mattresses, throw them in the truck, and drive to his parents' house. They are switching out beds for Monkey's room and Monkey spent the week there. After that, he has to go to Allen to bid on a tile job. Then he'll get to come home and I have a feeling he won't be in a good mood simply because he won't have had a chance to chill out. So I'll leave him alone for a good forty minutes or until he approaches me because I know that feeling. We all know Simply does not like to drive anywhere or do chores after work and the Bat's chores involve a LOT of driving.
Tomorrow we are having lunch with a colleague of mine, along with his wife. Sunday we are having lunch with a couple friend of ours. I'm certain I'll need to hole up in my room Sunday night, having been peopled out. "But Simply, you've been home alone with no human contact all week! How can two days of socialization people you out?" I don't know, it just happens, leave me alone about it.
For the moment, I am going to sit in the greenhouse, drinking beer and listening to the Russ Martin show. I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend followed by a less emotionally traumatic week.

No comments:
Post a Comment