Saturday, August 2, 2014

Project Roommate: Day 1


Ugh. Today has been a trial but, if I think about it, it's a lot like moving in to a new place. I've spent the day - when not continuing to clean up and do laundry - moving my clothing from the Bat's room into my room, which is a pain in the fucking ass. I've also rounded up all my shoes and organized my extra hangers (not a huge closet in my room so excess hangers go in a bin). You know what I've found out? Even after getting rid of a lot of stuff, I still have a mother fucking lot of stuff. I've even packed most of my towels, mostly just because I don't feel like washing them again and because packing them always sucks.

So it's really just been a day of chores and watching the American version of The Killing, which I began watching last year and didn't know had more episodes. I'm taking a break right now to eat some mozzarella sticks before even thinking about what is up next. I'm going to leave my toiletries where they are, I think, just to keep my life from being super difficult. After all, once the Bat and Monkey are back from LA (they landed safely around 1 by the way), I'll not continue sleeping in my room and I'll continue performing my daily ablutions in the Bat's bathroom.

In other news, I paid my student loans so I'm broke as hell. But, that is the story of my life and I have enough to occupy me without even thinking of going out and buying anything. Living paycheck to paycheck is for the birds and I seriously need to start playing the lotto every week so that I can win my damned millions already.

Day one has been tiresome but pretty successful (I even picked out some stuff for Goodwill so I'm still getting rid of shit). Here's hoping the rest of the experiment goes well. Oh! And that I find a decent apartment to move into. Fingers crossed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment