Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Open Letter to a Friend

What happened to you is not your fault, it was not right, and it served no purpose. You would still be the same badass that you are today without that trauma. I know I lost my shit, that I gaped at you with an open mouth and cried when you told us what happened. I'm sorry, that had nothing to do with you and everything to do with the person who RAPED you when you were two years old.

You are amazing. I've known that for a long time now given the career change you made, based on who you are. But tonight I learned so much more. You are a better person than I as I would totally be fucked up on that crack pipe if I led your life. Not you. No, you said fuck this shit, I'm out and made a better life for you and your kids. You said fuck my history, we aren't doing this anymore. I can pat myself on the back all day long for spending over $700 on saving my guinea pig but you, YOU, my dear, you broke a cycle and you got away from some really fucked up shit. You made a life for yourself when no one wanted you to.

I really am in awe of you. I am sorry for reacting the way I did but god damn it, what you told me was not OK. It isn't OK. YOU did nothing wrong. YOU were always fine. NONE of that was your fault.

If I could, I'd go back in time and hold you and tell you these things, but I can't. But I think and hope you are OK enough to know that it had nothing to do with you.

And I still want to meet these people in your life so that I can make them hurt for hurting you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment