Reminder: On 12/29 I will have a new domain name. Please email me with your location (geographical) at CET1980@live.com if you want the new address.
Texted conversation upon dropping J at his place.
Me: "I gave you a stereo and beer. I am your Christmas miracle."
J: "I gave you a link to a story about dead witches. I am your Nightmare Before Christmas."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Background: J hangs out with a friend of his in the back of their apartment complex and there is a raccoon that frequents the area. I've never seen him but I named him Dan.)
ME: "My hunter friend just emailed me 'I fell asleep (past out) in my stand and just woke up. No deer but a raccoon was pissing me off so I shot it.' I laughed for five minutes."
J: "I'm going to shoot Dan then."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dominoes Guy: "My! We've been drinking!"
ME: looking over my shoulder at the collection of empty beer bottles on my coffee table and shrugging, "whatev dude, it's Saturday."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email from a friend:
Hey Cat,
My life freaking rules
Texted conversation upon dropping J at his place.
Me: "I gave you a stereo and beer. I am your Christmas miracle."
J: "I gave you a link to a story about dead witches. I am your Nightmare Before Christmas."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Background: J hangs out with a friend of his in the back of their apartment complex and there is a raccoon that frequents the area. I've never seen him but I named him Dan.)
ME: "My hunter friend just emailed me 'I fell asleep (past out) in my stand and just woke up. No deer but a raccoon was pissing me off so I shot it.' I laughed for five minutes."
J: "I'm going to shoot Dan then."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dominoes Guy: "My! We've been drinking!"
ME: looking over my shoulder at the collection of empty beer bottles on my coffee table and shrugging, "whatev dude, it's Saturday."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email from a friend:
Hey Cat,
I was reading your latest blog entry and realized that I wished you a merry Christmas and happy holiday in the card I just sent you. I did so absent-mindedly, despite being aware of your beliefs.
While I assume your post is most directly pointed at the people who more aggressively wish you a blessed birthday of Our Lord and Savior and proceed to make a big stink about it, I bet the ambient noise of countless merry Christmases still grates after a while. Sorry for contributing to that.
On the plus side, I did include a drawing of a dinosaur wearing a Santa hat in the card. Because nothing says the holidays like dinosaurs. :)
Talk to you soon. Joe
My life freaking rules
I'm still going to send a Christmas card. Because we totally celebrate Christmas as a secular holiday.
ReplyDeleteAs I told my friend, I like greeting cards and don't mind when my friends and family send me Christmas cards or wish me a Merry Christmas. Those people are on the safe list and have put up with enough of my asshole behavior to warrant leeway. Plus, your kids are fucking cute as hell.
ReplyDeleteIt's mainly just people I work with and strangers who cop an attitude about my not celebrating. It's like they think I am waging some sort of war against them.