Tomorrow is my birthday - of course you knew that already, what with my constantly mentioning that I'll be 31 on December 8. How have I spent the last day of my 30th year? In style, my friends, in style.
This morning I woke up, luxuriously, at 7:00 a.m., a full 42 minutes earlier than yesterday, thus making it to work on time. That's right, I made it to work on mother fucking time, ya'll. Once there, I learned that I would be taking part in writing a proposal for a super important contract. My role? Editing the writing of one of our Indian programmers so that it makes sense toidiots like me non-technical laymen. Basically, I'll take what he's written, turn it into prose, and verify that what I've created reflects what he's trying to say, only not in geek speak. Sexy, right? I also had a very glamorous one hour meeting with my boss to discuss how to revamp the on-boarding process for new independent contractors for my company*. That's right, I got myself a whole pile of new work for when I'm not translating geek to stupid.
When I got back to my desk, I found my mother's presents had arrived. A beautiful diamond and sapphire pendant and a navigation system for my car. Holler! I'd told my friend about my mother yesterday, about how she has given me nice things but raised me to be independent and self-reliant. These gifts sum it all up perfectly. A lovely necklace for the girly me and a navigation system so that I never have to ask for directions (she also just hates that when I get lost I get super fucking lost for 45 minutes and end up in tears).
Yeah, my last day wasn't stellar but it wasn't bad. I went for a run in the frigid cold after work and although I had trouble keeping my pants from falling down** and I had to blow my nose into my gloved hand, it was a success. Dinner tonight was brought to me by "you're fucking broke" and featured wheat tortellini filled with three cheeses, some cooked, some uncooked, no sauce. Not really that bad actually. This was followed up with a plain, old fashioned donut that I'd purchased on Sunday. Mmm. I did a bit of cleaning, a bit of reading, went to the store for some Pinot Noir (why does Fish Eye Pinot only come in the giant box?) and now I'm watching 'Family Guy' reruns and looking forward to bed.
Thirty was a crap year. It could have been a lot worse and it could have sucked less. Either way, I am not going to miss it.
*Honestly, this was actually a great meeting because my boss was on task and totally focused.
*You know what was great? Those pants were the only work out pants I had that weren't dirty and they are tea length, going to just half way down my calves so I was running in frigid weather in summer pants. And when I realized they were coming down, I tried to tie them but my iPod cord got in the way and so had to put it in my mouth whilst I tried to tie my pants up without catching my gloves in them. That's why I had to blow my nose in the glove, because I couldn't breathe through my mouth. As I told a friend, I'm surprised that a modeling agent didn't scout me there and then.
This morning I woke up, luxuriously, at 7:00 a.m., a full 42 minutes earlier than yesterday, thus making it to work on time. That's right, I made it to work on mother fucking time, ya'll. Once there, I learned that I would be taking part in writing a proposal for a super important contract. My role? Editing the writing of one of our Indian programmers so that it makes sense to
When I got back to my desk, I found my mother's presents had arrived. A beautiful diamond and sapphire pendant and a navigation system for my car. Holler! I'd told my friend about my mother yesterday, about how she has given me nice things but raised me to be independent and self-reliant. These gifts sum it all up perfectly. A lovely necklace for the girly me and a navigation system so that I never have to ask for directions (she also just hates that when I get lost I get super fucking lost for 45 minutes and end up in tears).
Yeah, my last day wasn't stellar but it wasn't bad. I went for a run in the frigid cold after work and although I had trouble keeping my pants from falling down** and I had to blow my nose into my gloved hand, it was a success. Dinner tonight was brought to me by "you're fucking broke" and featured wheat tortellini filled with three cheeses, some cooked, some uncooked, no sauce. Not really that bad actually. This was followed up with a plain, old fashioned donut that I'd purchased on Sunday. Mmm. I did a bit of cleaning, a bit of reading, went to the store for some Pinot Noir (why does Fish Eye Pinot only come in the giant box?) and now I'm watching 'Family Guy' reruns and looking forward to bed.
Thirty was a crap year. It could have been a lot worse and it could have sucked less. Either way, I am not going to miss it.
*Honestly, this was actually a great meeting because my boss was on task and totally focused.
*You know what was great? Those pants were the only work out pants I had that weren't dirty and they are tea length, going to just half way down my calves so I was running in frigid weather in summer pants. And when I realized they were coming down, I tried to tie them but my iPod cord got in the way and so had to put it in my mouth whilst I tried to tie my pants up without catching my gloves in them. That's why I had to blow my nose in the glove, because I couldn't breathe through my mouth. As I told a friend, I'm surprised that a modeling agent didn't scout me there and then.
Kudos to you on the new tasks. I'm jealous.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know Fish Eye came in a box?
-Puddin'
Lol, it comes in a weirdly shaped box. Along with Pinot Noir, Moscato and Shiraz seem to only come in plus sizes.
ReplyDeleteI thought you had all sorts of new stuff at your job since returning from maternity leave???
Nah, those fizzled out. But I may be very busy in the next month. Just in time for me to be all stressed out trying to move to CO at the same time. (potentially)
ReplyDelete