Using my power for evil
So far I've given the gift of my super rad secret Santa questionnaire to my office mates. I am now toying with the idea of entering into the Holiday Office Decorating Contest that is being held next week. The email stated that the person who does the best/most creative job of "decorating for the holiday" will win a gift card. Nowhere was it specified which holiday we are to decorate for. Being the asshole that I am, I originally thought about just posting the word "atheist" all over my cubicle with pictures of books like The God Delusion, End of Faith, and God is Not Great. But for one thing, I don't really think I need to fuck with the entire office like that. More importantly, we will have some higher up types on site for a few days and one of them scares me just with his presence so I don't want to have my assholishness too overtly displayed.That being said, I still have plans to dick it up a bit. If I can bring myself to get over my laziness, I'm thinking about going to a few stores and getting decorations for Valentine's Day or St. Patrick's Day or some other holiday. I would do Flag Day or Arbor Day but I have a feeling it would take a lot of work to dredge up decorations for those esoteric holidays. And if I do this, I'm going to really go all out so that there will have to be some explanations for why I don't win. And I will make a big to do if I feel I've done the best decorating and they let someone else win. Because that is what you do when you are an asshole.
Don't worry, the office is already getting back at me. We drew for our secret Santa partners yesterday and the person I got didn't do me any favors with giving me ideas for her gifts. She answered all but three questions with "no." She admitted to having a dog, liking two sports teams, and likes "all" colors. Could have been worse I suppose; I could have gotten me.
Late to the party - and it is the wrong party
I've written before about how I have a habit of missing the boat on really popular television shows, not watching or getting into "Friends", "Sex in the City", "Gray's Anatomy", "Ugly Betty", or other such shows that have been wildly successful. But I do watch television and I really enjoy it. Unfortunately, I sometimes really enjoy shows that get canceled. I finally started to watch NBC's version of "Prime Suspect" and I like everything about it; even the hat they make Maria Bello doesn't bother me the way it seems to bother television critics. And I'm pretty sure it's being canceled. I really liked "MI5" too, and I don't know if that got canceled or if they just don't show it on BBCA anymore.But what can you do? At least I will always have "Masterpiece Mystery" unless I've just jinxed that. And I think they are even making more episodes of the modern day take on Sherlock Holmes, which I really, super, ultra like.
Today's last word in business
So much for all that productivity and having a clean home. I suddenly reverted back to my slovenly, sloth-like self. I have soda cans all over the place, a sink full of dishes, and I've done a pretty decent job of putting clothes back on the floor, nicely strewn about. I should really nip this in the bud and take care of things before it gets really bad. But sitting on the couch watching "Bad Teacher" a couple of times in a row is extremely attractive. Sigh... I suppose I should begin working on self-discipline and responsibility. I'll be 31 in five days after all.
Nip it in the bud
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de_P2aUZJyA