Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Who you gonna call?

Further conversational awesomeness:

Saying goodbye to a friend via text:
"... and then do some chores. Good luck killing things!"

Texted conversation twixt me and my BFF regarding a 21 day sugar detox we are planning with another BFF.
ME: "I have been drinking water and eating healthy crap all day and am CRANKY."
BFF: "I think we're going to be extra cranky starting the detox but I hope to feel much better on it."
ME: "I'm certain we will. I am going to run at the gym after work so that will help, as will the beer I will drink when I get home."
BFF: "Good girl."

Texted conversation with the other friend who will do the 21 day sugar detox:
Me: "I did really well today save for 3 left over choco chip cookies and beer. But hey, had to get rid of the beer or else it would have felt abandoned."
KR: "I'm drinking wine like a race horse and eating mashed potatoes." 

Less awesome:

I found out that Stalker told Friend B things he shouldn't have. He shared more things regarding me than necessary and was quite indiscreet. This surprised me and made me a bit angry because I wasn't expecting it and I do NOT like having anything personal about me shared with others unless I'm the one doing the sharing. More disturbing is the fact that Stalker spoke in terms suggesting that he and I were an item, boyfriend and girlfriend, when we never were. Was this posturing because he felt threatened by the guy he shared with? Did he really believe that there was more there than in reality? I don't know and I don't care but it irks me greatly that I have to routinely tell a friend that I was never the Stalker's and thus, the Stalker never lost me. He never had me and I was never his. It pisses me off that he made it seem differently to others and I would like to go out and set the record straight for everyone only I'm a nice girl and always the bigger person and so have to just let it go as it is, as was pointed out to me, water under the bridge. A bridge I'd like to burn, along with the troll underneath it, but that is neither here nor there.

Neither here nor there:

Work is a bit frustrating but what else is new? You can only control so much and so I'm doing my best to take the reigns of my life so as to avoid spiraling like I did when it wall fell apart in July. I loaded up on fruits and vegetables last night and went to the gym for the first time in ages after work. I ran three, whole miles! Sure, it took me the better part of an hour and I had to split it into three intervals, but I did it and I was so pleased. I was actually ridiculously excited to be on a treadmill after running outside in the cold for the past few weeks. My membership expires on the 17th of January and I'll renew and just economize. I'm also going to start a 21 day sugar detox with two girlfriends on January 2. It's all part of trying to turn my life around so that I'm actually healthy to avoid being all fucked up when I'm older. Lord knows if I'm going to be successful but meh, it's something to do, right?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment