Yesterday I did something awful. I used one person to hurt another as revenge for their having hurt me. It was one of the meanest things I've ever done in my life and I am thoroughly ashamed of myself. Today has been difficult to say the least. It may get better and it may not. I have to wait and see, my favorite game. I've apologized to both parties but I still just shudder when I think about what a complete and utter cunt muffin I was.
Fortunately, however, I've had some fun distractions to help get me through my nine hours of having-to-be-at-work-and-upset-hell. And it is all because of a silent auction charity thing my office is doing (yes, the very kind that I bitched about in my last post) and because I wore a t-shirt with this slogan:
Fortunately, however, I've had some fun distractions to help get me through my nine hours of having-to-be-at-work-and-upset-hell. And it is all because of a silent auction charity thing my office is doing (yes, the very kind that I bitched about in my last post) and because I wore a t-shirt with this slogan:
This was bought for me, incidentally, by the friend that I hurt. How poetic, I suppose. At any rate, here is the best conversation I've had all day, using instant messenger (note: I am probably the only one on the planet that thinks this is funny, but hey, you have to do what you have to do). Thanks office charity group! Thanks friend that hurt me and who I then hurt worse!
Me: When they announce the winners of the silent auction items, people are going to clap. People are going to be applauded for buying things.
Work Colleague: I feel like you’re making a point here but I don’t know what it is.
Me: I just thought about it and thought it was weird. I think I’m one of the winners though.
WC: You should have put your sarcasm shirt in the auction and auctioned off sarcasm and “other services.”
Me: Unsolicited Snark and Sass
WC: That would be a good name for your bookstore. In my mind, you own a bookstore.
Me: Neat! Do I have a successful one? You can have a flower shop.
WC: With a name like ‘snark and sass’ how could it not?
Me: Just books though, no music section. Fuck music, we read here!
WC is no longer available
dedicated to UT and DJ, with heartfelt apologies with none of my sarcasm
No comments:
Post a Comment