J and I got married for three primary reasons.
And I'll most likely do his share of it. Not because he isn't fully capable and competent but because he has never liked forms and they make him freeze up and isn't it enough that I'm the driving force behind this decision? And because I, ridiculously and masochistically, insist upon taking 100% ownership of any and all failures in my life, regardless of whether or not more parties were involved. And what is a divorce if not a failed marriage? I'm not invalidating his feelings or anything like that, I just always feel fully responsible for the bad and only a party to the good.
Certain forms require a notary. All of them must be turned in in triplicate. There is a fairly hefty filing fee. I'm just lucky that we can bypass the expense of a lawyer because these days, everything is available on the internet. We'll both have to attend the final hearing.
I'm glad I just jumped into the whole process of it all. I did it because I wanted that quick pull of a band-aid not realizing that was an impossibility. Now I know that there is going to be a lot of work involved and that I'll have to gather data and check and double check. The laborious process of documenting the past four years distracts me from the emotions of those years. I get frustrated and annoyed and tired, yes, but it is due to the paperwork, the numbers, the lists, etc, not the love that was there, the fights that occurred, or the sorrow that is leaving it all behind.
- Love
- He felt bad thinking that people would disrespect me and give me a hard time if I always referred to "my boyfriend."
- To make it more difficult to break up. Fuck you, now you have to do paperwork.
And I'll most likely do his share of it. Not because he isn't fully capable and competent but because he has never liked forms and they make him freeze up and isn't it enough that I'm the driving force behind this decision? And because I, ridiculously and masochistically, insist upon taking 100% ownership of any and all failures in my life, regardless of whether or not more parties were involved. And what is a divorce if not a failed marriage? I'm not invalidating his feelings or anything like that, I just always feel fully responsible for the bad and only a party to the good.
Certain forms require a notary. All of them must be turned in in triplicate. There is a fairly hefty filing fee. I'm just lucky that we can bypass the expense of a lawyer because these days, everything is available on the internet. We'll both have to attend the final hearing.
I'm glad I just jumped into the whole process of it all. I did it because I wanted that quick pull of a band-aid not realizing that was an impossibility. Now I know that there is going to be a lot of work involved and that I'll have to gather data and check and double check. The laborious process of documenting the past four years distracts me from the emotions of those years. I get frustrated and annoyed and tired, yes, but it is due to the paperwork, the numbers, the lists, etc, not the love that was there, the fights that occurred, or the sorrow that is leaving it all behind.
No comments:
Post a Comment