Saturday, July 16, 2011

Not Carrying On With It

My apartment is a disaster. There is not a single room that I could call tidy or not be ashamed of. There is simply a lot of disorder and, in some cases, a LOT of dust.

I should be setting things right. I should be taking a methodical approach, going room by room, sorting things out. Picking up the pieces of my life and organizing them into a new shape to mask the giant hole that is left.

I should at least gather up all of the trash and recycling to take to the bins. I could go through each room and gather up all of the waste paper and bits and pieces.

Or I might put in minimal effort and just place items back on the alcove shelf. I put them in the bathroom yesterday so the mattress people could move in my new bed.

But so far, the only thing I've done is unclog my bathtub drain, using baking soda and vinegar. But I did this only because there was standing water in the tub and I needed to shower. So necessity forced my hand.

Instead of doing all these things I should be doing, I think I'll just crawl into my lovely new bed and hide from my life just a little bit longer. If only I were able to sleep. Sleep comes so hard these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment