Tuesday, July 12, 2011

  1. I'm supposed to be working. I came into the office today rather than use up more PTO being sad and girly and so here I am. 

It would be a lot easier to work if it didn't feel so pointless. That sounds stark and apathetic and, given what is going on in my life at the moment, I suppose that should be expected. But that isn't how it was meant. Rather, part of what I have to do is a lot of data entry into a database. This seems pointless because my database is not communicating with another database and has not been for some time and the IT folks won't let me or a department head know what is going on so it doesn't seem like a priority for me to drop information into a bottomless pit. It has to be done, but it isn't pressing.

I could also play around with the formatting of a quality report to make it what the client wants. But the client has already been told that this will not be a quick turn around and frankly, I didn't get much sleep last night and am dead tired. So I'm a bit brain dead when it comes to figuring shit out.

I'm expecting things to be quite different when I get home after work. There will be many empty spaces and a certain silence if J's had any luck. I'm going to put off the inevitable by going out and trying to find something to wear to an 'elegant' wedding this Saturday.

That's something to look forward to. Not the shopping and trying stuff on (cause I went last week and tried stuff on after not having been in an actual department store in years and it was crowded and hotter than robot Hell), but the wedding. It will be particularly fun for the following reasons:
  1. Weddings are rad, especially when you have nothing to do with the bride or groom
  2. I'm going to know one person and one person only at this affair, the person I'm going with. Why do

No comments:

Post a Comment