Monday, April 11, 2011

Why I Am Late to Work on Monday (yet again)

Very rarely there are statistics about word searches that drive people to this goofy blog. I am delighted to report that this morning I found the following keyword search terms: fuck and unisex jumpsuits.

Really? People really google the word 'fuck'? I would never think to google a single word like that, although yesterday I did search 'veruca salt' because J and I couldn't remember what happened to her (we were able to recall what happened to Violet, Augustus, and Mike, just not Veruca) but that isn't the same thing, is it? I can google 'veruca salt' at work; I don't think I'd feel comfortable googling 'fuck' at work just in case my boss randomly decided to have IT pull my internet log. It would be like finding that I'd googled 'murder' or 'erotica' or something. Not because 'fuck' is intrinsically wrong but because of the nature of the internet. You can look up the term 'macromastia' in an effort to research a medical condition only to be met by images of naked breasted women (this actually happens occasionally at work because of the nature of what one of our departments does). Looking up 'fuck' would most likely bring an image or 700 or porn sites.

And 'unisex jumpsuits'? I just cannot imagine why someone would google this but I'd love to know so if anyone has any thoughts, please let me know. I'm all for the unisex jumpsuit, as I stated in a previous post. I'm all for anything that would simplify my wardrobe responsibilities as they apply to the work place. In fact, the only thing I have against France's ban on full face veils and burqas is that these items are attractive on truly all over ugly days (I'm not going to go into a tangent about what I really think of the ban because this is supposed to be a light and fun post). Seriously. My girlfriend in Oregon recently converted to Islam and jokingly said she'd send me some of her old hijabs. I really liked this idea because then I could just bypass bad hair days. J was totally against the idea but the head scarves haven't rolled in so it is a non-issue.

Fuck. I'm going to be late for work because of this post. Now, if I had a unisex jumpsuit uniform at work and a hijab, getting dressed/ready would be much quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment