This is probably going to be very boring so if you feel like reading, maybe smoke a joint or take a few shots first.
Nothing is happening. OK, well, nothing really happens ever anyway. Usually I just draw bad pictures about frustrations regarding work or else I write lengthy, whining, moaning posts about how my family makes me sad or something. So to say that nothing is happening isn't news.
I'm just feeling it more now. I think I tend to feel the boredom of my life more acutely once the weather turns into bright sunshine and warm breezes. J and I were talking the other day about how we mustn't be normal because neither one of us has made friends in adulthood (to be fair, I did make one really good friend when we first moved to Columbus but she fucking moved back to Florida so I only see her once a year at most... OK, no I saw her twice last year but now she has a baby so I won't see her often... you get the point). J thinks that 'normal' people understand how to comport themselves in social situations. I think I know how to do that. I have loads of friends at work but I just don't know how to transition these people to friends outside the work place. And now that I think about it, I am very rarely invited to lunch. I could invite people every day of the week and they would go with me but no one thinks to invite me. In order to not develop a complex, I think I'll have to stop inviting (though I did invite my old boss to lunch for this coming Wednesday but that was because we were talking after hours last week and she said "we should have lunch one day next week!")
Still. I don't have friends so my free time is filled with sitting in the apartment reading books/magazines/things on the internet and watching television/dvds. Or else I go to the gym. Or maybe I go to lunch or dinner with J. The absolute most exciting thing that happened this past week was that J went to his conference in St. Louis and so I got to sit around the apartment alone during my free time.
I think that what I'm saying is that in spite of all the wonderful things I have in my life, I am desperately lonely and, thus, incredibly sad.
Boo hoo. We'll all probably fucking die from radiation poisoning because a massive earthquake all but destroyed Japan with a tsunami. What the fuck am I on about?
No comments:
Post a Comment