Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Foulest of Moods, Dumbest of Reasons

I am in the foulest of moods. If eyes really could shoot daggers no one in the office would be safe from me. And as the title of this post suggests, it is for such a dumb reason, mainly my own stupidity.

Tuesday has become the day that I clean out the guinea pig cage, an onerous chore that requires lifting and scrubbing, and a trip to the dumpster where I once saw rats. Sunday used to be guinea pig cage day but things got pushed back because I went to South Carolina and didn’t return until Monday and J really didn’t want to take care of it. A year later there was an ice storm on Monday so I couldn’t really get out of the apartment to get to the dumpster without being attacked by atmosphere. So now it is Tuesday. This, in itself, is not a terrible thing. No matter what day I do it, cleaning this little rodent’s home will not be enjoyable and not having it to do on Monday is a nice break what with the return to work after a weekend filled with sloth. But now I use my lunch break to go to the gym so I don’t really get a break during the day and having to go to the store to pick up bedding after work (because I’m too stupid to pick it up on the weekend or last night when I was in the fucking shopping center where Pet Co is located) and then home to do chores makes Tuesday a cluster fuck of a day.

I don’t have to go to the gym on my lunch break. I could, in theory, go to the pet store for bedding and then just take lunch. I could even run home and clean the cage at lunch and thus have my evening free. But my head says ‘no’ because tomorrow I won’t get to take a lunch unless I take it late, like 3 p.m. or after because I have to take minutes at a marathon meeting and I’m not really comfortable peacing out for 90 minutes at 3 p.m. and I can’t risk going at 12 p.m. and getting back to the office and having everything ready by the start of the meeting at 1:30 p.m. So basically, because I can’t get around this whole “must go to the gym as often as possible during the work week”, I do have to go the gym at lunch today.

So, basically, I am in a really rotten mood because I am compulsive and somewhat masochistic and refuse to make things easier on myself through stupidity and stubbornness. And to make matters worse there is a chance that J’s conference might not work out after all. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this and fuck you for even thinking I should go back and read earlier posts to see if I have, but J is scheduled to present at a conference on Thursday, flying out tomorrow, returning Friday. This will be the first time I’ve had a night and complete day alone in years and I’ve been looking forward to it for months. But he is booked on Southwest, which as you may know, is canceling flights left and right because their planes keep falling apart or something. So I’ve also got my knickers in a twist because J may actually be with me tomorrow, our 4th Anniversary.

Because I am a total, selfish cunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment