First of all, fuck you; I really loved watching footage of the royal wedding today, OK? Seriously, did you see it? My girl looked stunning and radiantly happy; Wills looked like he couldn't believe he was allowed to be this happy. It was wonderful and seeing so many people from all over so thrilled by this wedding after ages of bad news was a nice breather from real life. Like I told J, this wedding was a fairy tale. A commoner marries royalty for fuck's sake! Sure, in Britain 'middle class' evidently means million dollar party mail order businesses but the Middletons are still common folks, not aristocracy. The venue, the outlandish hats, the adorable bridesmaids (can you imagine finding out when you are 16 that when you were 3 you were part of one of the biggest events ever?), Harry with his fidgeting and fancy dress; all of it was just a hoot! In my next life, I call dibs on Kate Middleton.
Yesterday was sunny with a bit of shit other than the wedding. I attended our admin event and, after the first speaker, had a great time. The first speaker seemed to need a bit more prep time and he left us all wondering what the point of his lecture was. But the second two speakers were phenomenal and we all seemed to really enjoy ourselves. And yours truly won a decent door prize! It is a three piece table-top cork screw deal and t'is rad as hell! I've always liked the idea of this sort of thing, especially as it came with a foil cutter, but it was never something I'd actually spend money on. So well done me! What's more is that they sent us home! That is, at the beginning of the event, those attendees that work for my company received letters saying we could go home after the event rather than return to work as usual. So not only did I have fun during the day, but I got to go home at two in order to take a very nice nap!
And then I checked my work e-mail. My thought was that I could delete extraneous nonsense and take care of anything to get it out of the way. This I did; however, I also found an e-mail from my former boss, addressed to me with numerous others copied, expressing her frustration and issues with a change that is going on at work that affects us both. The fact that she addresses her e-mails to me rather than just copying me makes me feel that she holds me responsible. This frustrates me because it appears we no longer speak the same language. I'm not in charge of what is going on and I don't get the final say. The people she should address are members of our IT department and my boss; I'm just someone who fought hard for what I wanted but was thwarted. And I get incredibly frustrated and upset when this woman, who I love and fought hard for, shits on me like I'm nothing. It makes me wonder why I fought so hard or why I've been so willing to help her and her department since I left it. I have told her out right that what I wanted did not fly, that I'm on her side, etc, but it seems she's deaf to me now. And it hurts and aggravates.
And there is nothing more a famous public hospital can offer my sister in law. So things are good and bad. A friend of mine, whom I've never met, has drilled it into me that I need to live for those who can't. So I've booked a flight to San Diego to visit a woman I only know on Facebook and plan on making my life seem like it was enjoyed and worth something.
No comments:
Post a Comment