The neurologist visit was disappointing, as I feared. The exam was normal, yet another confirmation that this is not immediately life threatening. An MRI with MRA has been scheduled for next Thursday and I'll get to know about the results the following Tuesday. Keep taking the steroid, which is easy enough as I only have two more doses after today's. Don't worry. Yes, that is odd. No, we won't know until we see the MRI with MRA of the brain. My niece went to that college!
There was some talk that it might be neuralgia of the occipital nerve. I'm always taken aback to hear neuralgia spoken of as a modern day ailment. It sounds so very old-fashioned and Victorian. Oh dear, my neuralgia has flared again. It is my cross to bear..." If it turns out to be neuralgia, I do hope the doctor suggests that I retire to a sea-side resort for a few months to take the waters and rest my frail body. He won't, of course. Instead, he'll probably throw drugs at me:
That isn't desirable at all to me. Sure, Percocet and Oxycontin are fun, but I've formatted reviews of workman's comp claims and man can they go wrong. I'd hate to end up one of those zombies on disability, dependent upon narcotics and developing drug-seeking behavior. That is one of the downfalls of the work I do, forgetting that the reviews you've seen are from the worst providers out there, not the norm.
The other interesting term thrown around at the appointment today was "nerve block." If it turns out I have neuralgia that does not respond to drugs, I might need a nerve block. What the fuck? Doesn't that sound awful? Block my nerve? Can't we just fix it instead? It sounds like putting traffic cones around a pothole instead of just filling the damned pothole and I don't like it.
So yeah, I'm still kind of hoping for the tumor.
There was some talk that it might be neuralgia of the occipital nerve. I'm always taken aback to hear neuralgia spoken of as a modern day ailment. It sounds so very old-fashioned and Victorian. Oh dear, my neuralgia has flared again. It is my cross to bear..." If it turns out to be neuralgia, I do hope the doctor suggests that I retire to a sea-side resort for a few months to take the waters and rest my frail body. He won't, of course. Instead, he'll probably throw drugs at me:
The other interesting term thrown around at the appointment today was "nerve block." If it turns out I have neuralgia that does not respond to drugs, I might need a nerve block. What the fuck? Doesn't that sound awful? Block my nerve? Can't we just fix it instead? It sounds like putting traffic cones around a pothole instead of just filling the damned pothole and I don't like it.
So yeah, I'm still kind of hoping for the tumor.
This post has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis post has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete