Here we are at a week since diagnosis. It seems less and less real as the days go by and I don't have a doctor's appointment. The referral form states that the patient will be contacted in seven to ten business days so I carry my cell phone everywhere so that I won't miss the call. I grow more and more impatient every day, especially as I continue to read a book I borrowed from the library, all about MS. Knowing that it is important to start treatment as soon as possible makes me feel a little crazy inside because I can't do anything until I receive a call. I don't even know if I should start the steroid therapy now or if I should wait until I have a clinic appointment because I don't know how it works and am afraid I'll take the steroids too early and have to take them all over again.
No comments:
Post a Comment