Monday, March 7, 2011

Skipping through a field with big ass flowers

I have been doing a tremendous job of not working today, which is quite fitting seeing as I had my formal work evaluation earlier this morning. Most of the day has been spent picking things up and putting them in different piles, checking my horoscope (which I haven't done in years), e-mailing my husband because I find that I miss him when I go back to work after a weekend, and repeatedly hitting 'refresh' on my e-mail with the hope that something interesting will pop up. Well, I did that, scheduled a lunch with a friend, and thought about what I'd like to eat. So really, I have been rather busy.

This happens occasionally. Usually I am very type A and hardworking, earning my dazzling performance evaluations. But then I fall into a strange mood of cannot-be-bothered. Seeing as this has started on a Monday, I do not believe it bodes well for the week. Fortunately, I'm taking a half-day on Friday and, given my current state of mind, will probably not log into my work e-mail and use precious PTO hours working. Type A Cat does that sort of ridiculous shit, but Type Z Cat doesn't even wear proper work clothes to the external client meeting when she gets to work from home or take the day off afterwords. The office is lucky if I don't show up bra-less in a mu-mu when Type Z Cat shows up for a few hours before returning home where she can bask in her own ennui and crap television. 

It's all fine and well to avoid work and dick around all day (no it isn't) but it does make the day drag on. Maybe I'll draw a comic. Hang on, be right back.


There we go. As you can see, I evidently want to be outside skipping in a field with giant flowers and this is how I am spending precious corporate hours.

Jesus, I'd better actually do some work.

No comments:

Post a Comment