As anyone in the U.S. who works in an office probably knows, it was Girl Scout Cookie season recently. I myself purchased seven boxes (to support the young women, of course, not because I'm a glutton). On Friday I received an e-mail from a guy in my office that basically said he'd pay me $5 if I gave him one of my Lemon Chalet boxes because he'd eaten his and was jonesing for more. I checked with J to make sure he wasn't attached and then informed office guy that the deal was on. Monday was a PTO day but I had to come into the office for some Wii bowling (long story) so I said I'd bring the box then.
Monday rolled around and, true to my word, I brought the cookies with me. Office guy wasn't at his desk so I left the box in his cube and just went about my business. Today, upon my return to work, I sent him the following e-mail:
"To: Office Guy
From: Cat
Subject: Hmmm....
Imagine my surprise when I came in to my cubicle and did NOT find $5. Seriously, I was gonna use that money for a soda. I'm not a running a charity here, Guy."
A bit later I received his reply and I just about wet myself:
"To: Cat
From: Office Guy
Subject: RE: Hmmm...
Apologies Cat, yesterday I went to the emergency room around 11am. Was having some issues breathing or possible heart problem. I will be in today and still want those cookies!"
Well shit.
I am in agreeance with the heading of your entry and the last 2 words!
ReplyDeleteHi =)
P.S
ReplyDelete"Agreeance" is a word regardless of spell check not approving!
OH, and..
ReplyDeletecoughcoughIthinkyouneedtochangeyourblogsoimonthereasmeinsteadofkindasortacoughcoughCOUGH.
=)
Well you should have made it easier, Becca! Oy gevault. But I done it!
ReplyDeleteAs for the office guy,he is fine and didn't seem to perturbed.
And I got my five bucks but there was no diet coke in the fucking machine so really, I feel like I got the short end of the stick on this one.
No you dweebo, I meant change me on your blog from kindasorta to bittersweetmess now that I am back on blog. It might of been my cough that confused you..
ReplyDeletetee hee.
Diet coke is awful..coke zero is so much better!
I'm not that smart and I would appreciate it if you wouldn't make it that obvious!
ReplyDeleteDiet Coke is OK. I am in total aggreance with you on the Coke Zero front but they ain't got that joint up in our vending machines.
See, I used your word!