At 8 pm last night, I decided I would get some beer to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. At the store I settled on Blue Moon's seasonal Spring draft thinking it would be fun and crisp. It wasn't. It tasted like cheap, fizzy, yellow, American beer. But I drank it because I am not a wasteful person. I did not drink water before going to bed because, pfft, why bother?
All that is to say that I have a hangover. Hangovers make it very difficult to work and so I am, instead, coming up with things to do instead such as catch up on some blog reading, attempt to improve my spider solitaire game, eat chocolate, stare at my cubicle walls, and drink too much coffee and not enough water. In about 40 minutes I will go to a conference room and Wii bowl with my team so that should carry me to the half-way mark.
And then? The hours will stretch out before me and I will have spent an entire work day feeling like hell and not getting anything done.
But after that? Nap. I fucking love the fuck out of naps. And because it is Friday and I don't work tomorrow, I can nap like a mother fucker, nap for hours, and just loll around in bed for as long as I like. Remember when you were a little kid and your mom would tell you it was time for a nap and you were all "no! wah! I wanna play! naps suck!" Well now naps fucking rule. I'm the queen of napping. If it were a sport I would fucking medal in the Olympics. And I get really excited when it is nap time, announcing it to J and running into the bedroom, ripping off my clothes and all but diving under the covers. I make sure I have my stuffed animals (shut up, they are just animal shaped pillows and they support my arms) and my pillows and J makes sure I'm all covered and warm. Sometimes I make happy squeaky noises because I'm giddy with anticipation. And god help J if he decides he wants to take a nap with me because then I will whine and push him and tell him 'no' because he will snore and roll on top of me and ruin my nap and it is MY FUCKING TIME TO NAP GOD DAMN IT.
Just thinking about it gives me a reason to actually do some work in hopes that the day will go by more quickly because I have a nap waiting for me at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment