This has been an alcohol soaked weekend. Fortunately, I only feel tired without the rest of the awfulness of hangovers. Friday was my friend's retirement do and last night was another friend's holiday party. Poor SA agreed to go with me and he hates going out and the fact that 635 was down to one lane didn't help his attitude. He was legit that old guy bitching about traffic and how it never used to be this bad. But what luck! There were two people there who are into horses so he got to talk about his own and impress everyone with the fact that he breeds Andalusians. I was dressed in my best imitation of Audrey, knowing that I was overdressed and not caring because I never go out. And my friend and his husband totally appreciated it. The only bad part was that I did not try my dress on earlier and so didn't know it was a bit tight. Stupid weight gain.*
SA is on PTO for the next three weeks so The Russian and I both hate him due to our immense jealousy. I don't typically go out often, as mentioned above, and all this socializing I've been doing has worn me out. I would love to be able to take the next three weeks off in order to recover. But no, no three week vacation for this sad peasant, although I think I'll borrow against my PTO so I can take the two days after Christmas off to go along with the two days before the new year. Not only do I have to go into the office tomorrow, I should really be spending today cleaning my wrecked apartment. Seriously, how on earth do I let things get out of hand? I spend three days a week at someone else's house for pity's sake. But I've been buying things off of Amazon (because I'm terrible with money and don't like having any) and apparently I open the packages and leave the packing material everywhere. And because I live on the third floor, taking out my trash is a pain in the dick so I have left over steak on a plate in my refrigerator because I've not thrown it out yet. That is how disgusting I've become and now that I've typed it out, I feel sufficiently guilty to take care of this shit.
I've already gone to the store twice today so at least I don't have errands. I stopped to get juice on my way home and, upon getting home, found my Chewy order had arrived. Bubbles continues to over-groom and I know Teddy stresses her out. I mentioned it to one of my bosses and she asked her friend who knows all about cats and gave me a recommendation. So I now have a small bottle of pills called Zylkene. I wanted to start this immediately so I had to go back to the store to get spray cheese. I was honestly embarrassed about buying that for some reason. I felt weird enough trying to find it in the first place because what aisle would have spray cheese? I wandered down the cookie and crackers section and there was a little display of it so hey presto. Got home and put a pill in my hand and sprayed cheese all over it. I mean, why use a bowl or plate when you can just sit like a doofus whilst your cat licks neon goo off your hand?
I am really really hoping this works. If it doesn't, I will take another trip to the vet and hand over $170 for blood work before we can put her on anxiety medication. It's $170 because she is considered a "senior" now. I just want her to stop licking herself so much that she has bald spots and hairballs all over my effing quilt.
Sigh. Think I'll pour myself a glass of champagne as a hair of the dog and then tackle this pig's sty.
SA is on PTO for the next three weeks so The Russian and I both hate him due to our immense jealousy. I don't typically go out often, as mentioned above, and all this socializing I've been doing has worn me out. I would love to be able to take the next three weeks off in order to recover. But no, no three week vacation for this sad peasant, although I think I'll borrow against my PTO so I can take the two days after Christmas off to go along with the two days before the new year. Not only do I have to go into the office tomorrow, I should really be spending today cleaning my wrecked apartment. Seriously, how on earth do I let things get out of hand? I spend three days a week at someone else's house for pity's sake. But I've been buying things off of Amazon (because I'm terrible with money and don't like having any) and apparently I open the packages and leave the packing material everywhere. And because I live on the third floor, taking out my trash is a pain in the dick so I have left over steak on a plate in my refrigerator because I've not thrown it out yet. That is how disgusting I've become and now that I've typed it out, I feel sufficiently guilty to take care of this shit.
I've already gone to the store twice today so at least I don't have errands. I stopped to get juice on my way home and, upon getting home, found my Chewy order had arrived. Bubbles continues to over-groom and I know Teddy stresses her out. I mentioned it to one of my bosses and she asked her friend who knows all about cats and gave me a recommendation. So I now have a small bottle of pills called Zylkene. I wanted to start this immediately so I had to go back to the store to get spray cheese. I was honestly embarrassed about buying that for some reason. I felt weird enough trying to find it in the first place because what aisle would have spray cheese? I wandered down the cookie and crackers section and there was a little display of it so hey presto. Got home and put a pill in my hand and sprayed cheese all over it. I mean, why use a bowl or plate when you can just sit like a doofus whilst your cat licks neon goo off your hand?
I am really really hoping this works. If it doesn't, I will take another trip to the vet and hand over $170 for blood work before we can put her on anxiety medication. It's $170 because she is considered a "senior" now. I just want her to stop licking herself so much that she has bald spots and hairballs all over my effing quilt.
Sigh. Think I'll pour myself a glass of champagne as a hair of the dog and then tackle this pig's sty.
No comments:
Post a Comment