Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Lonely Weekend of Laziness

This weekend was a strange one. The Bat and Monkey left for Missouri on Thursday evening so I had a lot of time to myself. I did have some idea as to what to do with that time - volunteer at the library, pull down a suitcase or two to put my winter things in, move things around in my room - but shit like that doesn't always work out.
  • I have not been back to the library in ages because I found a dead "giant cockroach" and I just can't get past the horror of it. I feel like a dick though, so I'll probably force myself to go on Thursday. Now that I wrote that, I kind of feel like I have to do it.
  • Suitcases are in the attic and ... excuses.
  • I want to move furniture around but sitting around watching television and drinking beer got in the way
So on Thursday and Friday evenings, I pretty much just watched Pretty Little Liars and vegged out. I somehow managed to hurt my back (probably from lying in a weird position as I watched PLL on my iPad) so on Friday evening I took two of the Bat's muscle relaxers. Next thing I knew, it was 1PM on Saturday. Yeah, not taking those fuckers again. I wasted half a day with sleep so I dragged my lazy ass out of bed to do some cleaning before falling back into my PLL coma. A few notes on that program:
  • Trust no one with your secrets
  • Everyone is a liar
  • If you are alone, sleep with every door locked and the dogs inside if you can
Seriously, I don't think I'll take anyone at their word for a really long time after watching this show. And it really did creep me out to the extent that I locked every door to the Bat Cave, something that hasn't been done in so long some of the doors were difficult to lock. I even let the dogs into the (locked) bedroom but had to let them out again because I couldn't take the scratching.

Yes, scratching. These fleas are relentless and so Sunday was spent dropping over sixty bones on flea treatments, throwing this powder shit on the floors, spreading granules in the backyard, soaking said granules, trying desperately to sweep and vacuum the powder (that shit is insidious, like glitter, and it's still everywhere), and then, once it was late enough, hauling Johan and Bubbles into the greenhouse so I could flea bomb the hell out of the place. I don't know if it worked but Bubbles has been venturing out of the kitchen more and more. I think that must have been the only room without fleas because she was hanging out in there all the time. But last night she came out into the dining room and then the living room and went back and forth to my room a few times. Fingers crossed. The Bat is going to try something on the dogs today and maybe we'll try it on Bubbles. Either way, I have a veterinarian appointment for her on Monday and I bet they are going to yell at me. My only defense is that I've only had her for a year and I've never taken care of a cat before. Actually, I haven't even had her for a year so there!

The Bat returned yesterday, making the nine hour drive on his own (leaving Monkey to continue hanging out with relatives she hasn't seen in ages). It's weird but I didn't give myself much time to miss him for most of the weekend, although I did have moments. I missed him the most yesterday, when I knew I was going to see him. He was worn out and his legs were jelly from driving and at first, I didn't recognize him. I don't know if it was because I hadn't seen him in roughly four days or what but he looked different at first. I think he looked taller. But no matter, eventually I recognized him more and I went out to get him some food since he was starving, there was nothing in the house, and he was NOT going to get into a car again. The night was relaxed and quiet because we are old people. He said the trip was good and showed me some pictures, we watched television (The Wolf and Defiance because my man likes his SciFi channel) and went to bed at ten. One moment of hilarity was when - and this is TMI so you've been warned to skip to the end ...... go on, get.................

...................................................................................................................................................................
we went to bed and had sex. I was on top and when I finished, the Bat literally said "good job."   If he'd had more energy, I'm sure he would have high fived me, fist bumped me, or something. I was a bit worn out so I didn't say anything but this morning it hit me and I found it hilarious.

And now here we are on Tuesday. It's been a fine week thus far and, seeing as it is a short one, I'm pretty chill and calm regarding the rest of it. I did have a meeting this morning that was super technical and I so didn't need to be there, but whatever, it happens. And I do have a meeting at 2 that I'm dreading but hey, I leave at 4 and I'm going to the bar with my friend Spectero so I'm sure I can power through the pain. That and I had an excellent sandwich for lunch and still have half of it left to reward myself with after my next meeting.

So yeah, feeling pretty good these days, even if I was a slothful sofa slug all weekend. I guess that's what I needed. Unfortunately, that also means that there is a film of dust all over everything and there is still flea powder here and there so there is cleaning to be done. But I have a very long weekend ahead of me and - hopefully - the Bat to help.


No comments:

Post a Comment