Remember how I applied for a job within my company and interviewed with two people? Welp, that job is presently on hold because one of the higher ups is deciding whether or not it is needed. In order to post a new job in this company, you have to get approval from the very, very top, going through all chains of command. So which super important muckity muck decided that this job might not be necessary after having it posted on our public website and having two candidates - one internal, one external - interview for it? I don't know, but it evidently has to do with a company reorganization that directly affects me and my colleagues. The announcement email went out yesterday and was followed up by a mandatory team meeting led by my current boss. After explaining what the email meant and lamenting the loss of one of our team leaders who will be leaving later this month, she essentially said that it has not yet been decided how the report structure will work out; meaning, she doesn't know who my colleagues and I will report to yet. That is incredibly frustrating because there are a few terrifying options out there. But I suppose I need to just focus on my work, keep my head down, and trust the universe to take care of things. Surprisingly, that seems to work out.
Monkey is still in Missouri and I'm not sure when she is coming back, this weekend or the next. As weird as it is to live in the house when she and the Bat are both gone, it's actually weirder when she si gone for an extended period of time because her absence is hugely felt. I think that is partly due to the fact that she is a teenager, full of energy, and in and out with her friends. When she gets back, she'll be here for maybe a week before she and her dad fly to California. I know the Bat is staying just a week but I don't know if she will stay on longer, as she has done in MO. All I know is that I miss her and I wish we could get the air fixed because I know her room - which has been closed up this entire time - is hot and stuffy.
On Tuesday I went with Spectero for girls' night or, as the Bat calls it, my girl date. We met up at the bowling alley across the street from where I live and had a good time. Spectero spent a good hour trying to remember the name of a third cafeteria style restaurant that used to be in Garland, going so far as to drag an innocent bystander into it. Said innocent bystander ended up being our friend as she fit into our groove. So I gave her my number and told her to hit us up next time she's in town (evidently she isn't this way often but still, why not?)
No date night this week and I'd hoped to make up for it tonight but the show I thought premiered tonight (Extant, woman goes to space alone and comes back pregnant) actually premiered yesterday. So now I'll have to see if the Bat is up to having date night at home with sandwiches and something to watch. Or we could talk to one another I guess. Every so often I tell him we are doing it wrong when we are hanging out outside interacting with one another and there are people - usually the Monkey and her friends - all inside on their phones. But a chill night is what I'm looking for, especially as I have a lot of chores I need to attend to that I totally blew off during my very long weekend. We shall see. It also includes getting the Bat on board with this semi formed date night plan.
Wish me luck. I know this sounds a bit dull and down but I'm in a perfectly fine mood and I really am trusting the universe to take care of things if only because they are out of my control. Now back to it.
Monkey is still in Missouri and I'm not sure when she is coming back, this weekend or the next. As weird as it is to live in the house when she and the Bat are both gone, it's actually weirder when she si gone for an extended period of time because her absence is hugely felt. I think that is partly due to the fact that she is a teenager, full of energy, and in and out with her friends. When she gets back, she'll be here for maybe a week before she and her dad fly to California. I know the Bat is staying just a week but I don't know if she will stay on longer, as she has done in MO. All I know is that I miss her and I wish we could get the air fixed because I know her room - which has been closed up this entire time - is hot and stuffy.
On Tuesday I went with Spectero for girls' night or, as the Bat calls it, my girl date. We met up at the bowling alley across the street from where I live and had a good time. Spectero spent a good hour trying to remember the name of a third cafeteria style restaurant that used to be in Garland, going so far as to drag an innocent bystander into it. Said innocent bystander ended up being our friend as she fit into our groove. So I gave her my number and told her to hit us up next time she's in town (evidently she isn't this way often but still, why not?)
No date night this week and I'd hoped to make up for it tonight but the show I thought premiered tonight (Extant, woman goes to space alone and comes back pregnant) actually premiered yesterday. So now I'll have to see if the Bat is up to having date night at home with sandwiches and something to watch. Or we could talk to one another I guess. Every so often I tell him we are doing it wrong when we are hanging out outside interacting with one another and there are people - usually the Monkey and her friends - all inside on their phones. But a chill night is what I'm looking for, especially as I have a lot of chores I need to attend to that I totally blew off during my very long weekend. We shall see. It also includes getting the Bat on board with this semi formed date night plan.
Wish me luck. I know this sounds a bit dull and down but I'm in a perfectly fine mood and I really am trusting the universe to take care of things if only because they are out of my control. Now back to it.

I watched Extant, and I liked it, but I'm wary of becoming a true fan. The last summer series space show that I loved was 2009's Defying Gravity- great premise, but they took it off the network before it ended. Very frustrating. But, take a chance on Extant, because Halle Berry is very good, as is the guy who used to be on ER and was the creepy stalker boyfriend in Practical Magic.
ReplyDeleteNever watched ER or Practical Magic but I will be sure to try and remember to watch next week.
ReplyDelete