Below is a picture of a sleeping mask that I found using a Google Image search (because I heart Google so fucking much).
I know what you're thinking. You're thinking "that is a grumpy looking sleeping mask." And you are correct, 100%. Do you know why I chose that particular image to post here? Because that is how I feel after a night of truly shit sleep.
As you may recall, I returned from a weekend of camping yesterday. Trucker, the Bat, and I were the only ones in for the evening and we basically vegged out on the sofas reading things on tablets and laptops (because we are nothing if not a 21 Century household) and watching random things on television. By 8PM, we started taking anti-inflammatory drugs, pain pills, and muscle relaxers because we all felt hurt regardless of the fact that Trucker is too young for that shit. We took said pills at 8PM so that we could retire by 10PM and wake up feeling like champs. I was the first to fade and went to the bedroom at 9:45PM after finding my eyelids drooping as I continued reading Jenny Trout's 50 Shades recaps. The Bat came in at 10PM and promptly fell asleep, lucky bastard. He slept very well save for two instances of waking up because he and I were both overheating. Other than these two occasions (during which times he flapped the covers to fan us and get the heat out), he was out of it, making little noises of content when I put my arm around him to snuggle, shifting me into different positions so he could snuggle me back, etc.
The Bat asked me how I knew he slept well and I told him that I'd been there as a witness for almost the entire damn thing. Not only did I have trouble falling asleep, I kept waking up with acid reflux because that is a thing with me from time to time now. It wasn't nearly as bad as the last time I had some weird problem that seemed like acid reflux (last time I think it was caused by popcorn and it lasted so long and hurt so bad that I had to call out of work) but it was still annoying and I still puked up some bile before getting ready for work. Because that's right, even though my back hurts and I'm tired as fuck, I still have to work every damned day. If I don't, I end up with a very sad and empty piggy bank.
Isn't that sad and pathetic looking? Wouldn't YOU go to work if the alternative was coming home to that? So yes, dead tired Simply with back and ass pain still drove in to the office because it's not like the pain and tiredness would go away if I stayed home. Unless I wasted my PTO, which I'm not looking to do.
Fortunately, I don't have a ton of stuff on my plate at the moment and what I do have doesn't require much of my brain as I'm pretty much just revising documents I've previously written to include new data. All that is a long way of saying "today is an OK day to be basically brain dead." And if I end up in worse shape from sitting in my office chair and from my commute, I'll suck it up and work from home tomorrow, even though I really, really don't want to. Home is home. Work is prison. I don't like to live in my prison.
So whiny, aren't I? But I feel like an overly tired child who has an owie and doesn't understand that it will eventually go away so I guess that is coming out in my writing. But, to make it up to you, I'll post a few more ideas for things I'll do while I have the house to myself.
Not that exciting I guess but at least it is positive, right? It's a lot of days to be on my own when I usually have two roommates. I'll have to remember to do things like "turn on the radio" so I don't feel too lonely and "make sure the dogs have food and water" so that I don't kill Monkey's pets.I know what you're thinking. You're thinking "that is a grumpy looking sleeping mask." And you are correct, 100%. Do you know why I chose that particular image to post here? Because that is how I feel after a night of truly shit sleep.
As you may recall, I returned from a weekend of camping yesterday. Trucker, the Bat, and I were the only ones in for the evening and we basically vegged out on the sofas reading things on tablets and laptops (because we are nothing if not a 21 Century household) and watching random things on television. By 8PM, we started taking anti-inflammatory drugs, pain pills, and muscle relaxers because we all felt hurt regardless of the fact that Trucker is too young for that shit. We took said pills at 8PM so that we could retire by 10PM and wake up feeling like champs. I was the first to fade and went to the bedroom at 9:45PM after finding my eyelids drooping as I continued reading Jenny Trout's 50 Shades recaps. The Bat came in at 10PM and promptly fell asleep, lucky bastard. He slept very well save for two instances of waking up because he and I were both overheating. Other than these two occasions (during which times he flapped the covers to fan us and get the heat out), he was out of it, making little noises of content when I put my arm around him to snuggle, shifting me into different positions so he could snuggle me back, etc.
The Bat asked me how I knew he slept well and I told him that I'd been there as a witness for almost the entire damn thing. Not only did I have trouble falling asleep, I kept waking up with acid reflux because that is a thing with me from time to time now. It wasn't nearly as bad as the last time I had some weird problem that seemed like acid reflux (last time I think it was caused by popcorn and it lasted so long and hurt so bad that I had to call out of work) but it was still annoying and I still puked up some bile before getting ready for work. Because that's right, even though my back hurts and I'm tired as fuck, I still have to work every damned day. If I don't, I end up with a very sad and empty piggy bank.
Isn't that sad and pathetic looking? Wouldn't YOU go to work if the alternative was coming home to that? So yes, dead tired Simply with back and ass pain still drove in to the office because it's not like the pain and tiredness would go away if I stayed home. Unless I wasted my PTO, which I'm not looking to do.
Fortunately, I don't have a ton of stuff on my plate at the moment and what I do have doesn't require much of my brain as I'm pretty much just revising documents I've previously written to include new data. All that is a long way of saying "today is an OK day to be basically brain dead." And if I end up in worse shape from sitting in my office chair and from my commute, I'll suck it up and work from home tomorrow, even though I really, really don't want to. Home is home. Work is prison. I don't like to live in my prison.
So whiny, aren't I? But I feel like an overly tired child who has an owie and doesn't understand that it will eventually go away so I guess that is coming out in my writing. But, to make it up to you, I'll post a few more ideas for things I'll do while I have the house to myself.
- Let Johan have a ton of floor time
- Let Bubbles rule the house. She's gone from fireplace only to bookcase in my room only, it seems.
- Cook weird food using only items that we currently have in the house.
- Possibly buy some white material and a pattern and bust out my sewing machine (and manual) and attempt to make my own shirts. I've been thinking about doing this for awhile now.
- Knit
Super sleepy Simply over and out.


No comments:
Post a Comment