Sunday, July 27, 2014

Camping - Daingerfield 2014 (July)

I went camping this weekend. Here is a picture of me camping:
This is actually among my favorite pictures of myself of all time because I look upset and creepy as Hell. I wasn't upset though. Monkey and I were showing off our hyper extended limbs and she took this picture to prove my elbows did that weird thing where they look like they are pushing out just like hers did (because that creeped me out big time.) I call this Simply a Girl Portrait 9 - Imitation of  'The Ring'. It is the only picture from the weekend that I've put on my Facebook so far and I am about to make that shit my profile picture. If I could make a living by writing erotica novels I would also make it my LinkedIn profile picture. Sadly, that cannot be.

This was my fourth time camping (I think...I get it confused and I also fell and busted my back on the floating dock last night so my memory is not to be trusted) and, as usual, we did it at Daingerfield State Park, which I will one day purchase. I took pictures for once because a friend at work asked me if it was a pretty area and seemed surprised when I said it was (I guess he thinks there is nothing pretty in the eastern part of the state). Also, people seem to like pictures and capturing memories and all that bullshit. I'm terrible about taking pictures because in these digital days, I think "what the fuck am I going to do with pictures? Look at them in my phone?" That is why I pretty much just have pictures of Johan and Bubbles in my phone.

This is a view of the canopy of trees that I looked upon as I lay on the ground trying to take a nap.

View from the public day use area, which is directly across from the camp sites we always try to book.

Pathway to the lake if you turn left and the bathrooms if you turn left from the campsite.
Another shot from the day use area but one that kind of sort or not really shows more of the lake. Actually, during my proofreading of this post, I think it is the same exact picture. I'm keeping it here though, because it makes it look like I have more pictures than I really do.
 
The Bat and I went for one final swim this morning while Trucker, Monkey, Squirrel, and Son of Our Friends stayed at the site. Squirrel and Trucker had sun burns and wanted no part of the son. SOOF I don't know. Monkey is slow to wake and she was covered in bug bites. Or, as the Bat prefers to think of it, they are all pussies. I don't know but they fucking missed out. There was one family there at the time but they took a break almost as soon as we got there. I miss the lake. I wish we had one at work so I could swim at lunch. I also think it would be badass if the Bat would build one in his backyard. The minute we set off for home, I want to know when we can go back because real life sucks. See not being able to make a living writing erotica.
 
Because there were so many of us, we took two cars, the pickup truck with Bat and the kids and a 2008 Chevy Impala for me and Trucker. Trucker, as you may or may not remember because I suck with pseudonyms sometimes, is the Bat's long haul trucker cousin. He's 25 and 6'7 and acts like a giant kid. He gives Monkey shit a lot and it took me awhile but I realized that he does so because he has a sister a year younger than Monkey. He's a nice guy and pretty good company for a nearly two hour car ride. He also has great stories from his work, especially the ones regarding lot lizards. At first I was all "why can't I ride with you Bat?" Then I thought about it and remembered that the truck isn't that comfortable and not being trapped with three 15 year olds is a major bonus.
 
We got there on Friday evening and left this morning. We spent a ton of time in the lake because the heat is incredible just now. There were sandwiches, a picnic for me and the Bat, s'mores, beer, naps, and hanging out. It was fun. It was camping. It wasn't perfect as the Bat and I pissed each other off beginning Friday afternoon and ending Saturday morning. There was also my slipping and hurting myself. But that happened after the Bat and I went skinny dipping, something I'd never done before so that balances it out. Besides, things are never perfect and that is completely OK, especially when you've spent a lot of time in a very pretty lake.
 
Next weekend the Bat and Monkey are going to California for seven weeks (or ten days, I don't know) so I'm going to have the house to myself. It'll be lonely but I have already checked with Spectero and she said I could hit her up and she and I already have plans for that Tuesday when we will induct a new girl into our Awkward Chick Girls' Night. I will also be able to clean if I feel like it, walk around without pants on, and watch things on the television that I usually can't because it is being dominated by someone else. And I can start working on those erotica novels because for some reason I think that is where the money is.
 
And that's all folks. I'm actually going to make an effort with my blog from time to time to make it less boring. In the mean time, look up Jenny Trout and read her chapter summaries for the fifty shades of awful books because it is hilarious and genius. I'd link you but I'm on chapter ten and don't want to open another link. It is totally worth it though, take my word for it. I was right about Samantha Irby and her blog, wasn't I?

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment