Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pros and Cons of Working From Home When Ill

Pro: Don't have to use vacation days.

Con: Feel compelled to work extra so no one thinks I'm fucking around.

Pro: Don't have to look at all presentable; the piggy doesn't care.

Con: End up feeling sweaty and dirty and disgusting because I don't have to look presentable.

Pro: No phone calls.

Con: Paranoia because I have forgotten to check my voicemail

Pro: No interruptions whilst in the middle of things.

Con: No one to talk to when in need of a distraction.

Seriously, working from home is really great when I'm ill because it means I don't have to use my precious, precious vacation time (which is almost out, actually). But it is lonely and all I do is work, work, work. I end up feeling like a robot, a sweaty, dirty, gross robot.

No comments:

Post a Comment