Saturday, November 26, 2011

I've been working on this for days - this is what happens when I try

Why do people like me?
I'm beginning to think that people should not trust me enough to give me access to their Facebook pages. My BFF had a baby in March and so, naturally, she posts a lot of baby pics on her page. I'm the asshole who rarely comments unless it is to caption the pictures with phrases suggesting the baby is high or drunk. If I'm lucky, the dog is in the picture as well. I've created a running theme in my head where their fat bagel (beagle crossed with some other dog) is a drug pusher who gets the baby (we will refer to her with the name Baby) to toke up. Bagel is really on the losing side of things, however, because she is older and has been in the house longer than Baby. So mom and dad just say "bad dog" and then give Baby something soft and malleable to put in her mouth (well, they don't give it to her for that reason but everything ends up there; hey, she's not even one yet and she's smoking dope at the level of a three year old so cut her some fucking slack).

And this is my best friend we are talking about, not some random person from high school whose friend request I accepted because I was drunk. I actively like BFF and even wrote a post about her once. But, evidently, if you are my friend, nothing is sacred. I do get some credit, however. My brother posted something that I could have totally run wild with and made all sorts of inappropriate comments about. But for one thing, he was talking about having done some charity (that is not a euphemism), for two, he has a lot of religious people on his page, and finally, he's in Abu Dhabi so why mess with the kid?

In sickness and in health
Johan is getting harder to ignore these days. He isn't, however, getting any smarter. I moved his cage and haven't returned it to the right spot yet he still only rattles the cage in the one spot; the one furthest from me. He was pretty stoked about coming home from the vet though. He was very intent to get out of his carrier and jumped into his home when I had it unzipped enough. Usually I have to open the carrier the whole way and place it in his cage and wait for Sir Waddles to sniff and slowly make his way out. I guess he really missed his stuff. Makes sense in some respects. I miss my bed and my belongings when I'm gone as well but his belongings comprise a food dish, a water bottle, a plastic igloo hide, and his own shit. I think I would be less enthusiastic about returning to such splendor.

J and I are going to try and see if we can fix our marriage or save it or whatever. We met and talked and it was pretty awful, but we agreed to start seeing one another more often, to hang out, and see if we thought it could work. We have a long road ahead of us but I think it will be worth it. I can't believe I really thought it was over without putting in any effort. All I can think is that I had a mini breakdown due to the MS diagnosis and the fact that my marriage was disrupted in any way at all. Now that I'm beginning treatment, I'm beginning to be a real person again, not this out of control lunatic girl who makes reckless choices and doesn't see beyond tomorrow.

Yes, I said treatment and beginning as in "I've recently started taking medication for my disease." Who knew this day would actually come? I mean, it only took five months from the date of my diagnosis. But now here I am, with a sharps disposal box on the table and a box full of syringes in my fridge. I've injected myself without help twice and with help once, the first time (obviously) at work with the aid of one of the nurses on staff who does home health stuff. So far it has been without incident save for the first time when I got some swelling and bruising. Self injecting is even less of a hassle than I thought it would be. After I got my first ever flu shot, I thought "this will be a breeze", and it totally is and takes almost no time after I've let the drug sit out in the open for 30 minutes to warm up. All I really have to do is wait for the alcohol from the swab to dry because if you inject and you still have alcohol on your skin? That shit stings.

Speaking of the flu shot... I got my first ever fucking flu this year too, right after I finally got over a two week cold I'd developed. Needless to say, I will not be taking that shot again.

No comments:

Post a Comment