Last night found me at Dive Bar with CW, the A/V technician who rides a motorcycle but is lucky enough to be able to take public transportation to work. He provided a nice sigh of relief because, although he is 40, he didn't strike me at all as being an old man. That's something I think about now that I'm approaching my mid 30's; what will 40 be like?
CW is extremely into music but he told me he likes to lead off by letting people know he has a full time job because otherwise he'll look like a starving artist deadbeat, and that isn't exactly appealing to the ladies (he's dead right there). Although he rents a home, he is working towards improving his finances and credit because he would like to buy it from his landlord so that he can renovate it. Interesting mix of the artistic and the handy, have to give him that. He's also very smart and very witty and we laughed quite a bit. And yes, he is attractive.
He actually doesn't live too far from me and his family all lives in Rowlett, which is funny because of the whole small world thing. Apparently his parents and sister and a cousin or aunt or something all live right by one another so it's like a little compound. Tits's family is like that too, which goes to show that some families are super tight.
We only hung out for about two hours but I enjoyed myself. I did not, however, feel any romantic spark and I very honestly and apologetically (the people pleaser in me) told him so in the parking lot. He took it well and was very nice about it and said that sure we could hang out as friends. When I got home and showered, I saw he'd texted me, telling me that although his ego was a bit bruised, he'd get over it, and that he really respected and appreciated how honest and forthright I'd been. He told me that he thought I was a badass, beautiful, and funny. I responded with something or other and then he did something that no one else has ever done. He texted me and asked if there was something in particular that put me off. I responded that I didn't know what it was, I am just very aware of my own emotions. I told him he was clearly intelligent and funny and that I found him attractive but I just didn't feel anything. I told him that he reminds me of my friend Austin, whom I've known for something like 11 years now, and have never had romantic feelings for. I don't know why I was never romantically drawn to him either. And I assured CW that if I did have a reason, I would have told him. I also said that I respected that he'd asked me.
His response was sad because he said he get's told that he's a great guy A LOT but it leads nowhere so he was wondering if there was something off putting that he could work on. That was kind of awesome to hear because he wanted constructive criticism and doesn't look at the world as being filled with horrible women but also wonders if he needs to do something or make a change. I felt kind of bad that I couldn't give him anything.
I do hope we can hang out and be friends but we shall see.
Tomorrow I see TK again for some pool playing, a few drinks, and dinner. I'm meeting him directly after work, which is nice because it means I won't be out late like I have been the last two nights (shut up, I have to get up early for work so staying out till 9 on school night is definitely late, especially when I have to take a shower when I get home).
I will let you know how it goes.
CW is extremely into music but he told me he likes to lead off by letting people know he has a full time job because otherwise he'll look like a starving artist deadbeat, and that isn't exactly appealing to the ladies (he's dead right there). Although he rents a home, he is working towards improving his finances and credit because he would like to buy it from his landlord so that he can renovate it. Interesting mix of the artistic and the handy, have to give him that. He's also very smart and very witty and we laughed quite a bit. And yes, he is attractive.
He actually doesn't live too far from me and his family all lives in Rowlett, which is funny because of the whole small world thing. Apparently his parents and sister and a cousin or aunt or something all live right by one another so it's like a little compound. Tits's family is like that too, which goes to show that some families are super tight.
We only hung out for about two hours but I enjoyed myself. I did not, however, feel any romantic spark and I very honestly and apologetically (the people pleaser in me) told him so in the parking lot. He took it well and was very nice about it and said that sure we could hang out as friends. When I got home and showered, I saw he'd texted me, telling me that although his ego was a bit bruised, he'd get over it, and that he really respected and appreciated how honest and forthright I'd been. He told me that he thought I was a badass, beautiful, and funny. I responded with something or other and then he did something that no one else has ever done. He texted me and asked if there was something in particular that put me off. I responded that I didn't know what it was, I am just very aware of my own emotions. I told him he was clearly intelligent and funny and that I found him attractive but I just didn't feel anything. I told him that he reminds me of my friend Austin, whom I've known for something like 11 years now, and have never had romantic feelings for. I don't know why I was never romantically drawn to him either. And I assured CW that if I did have a reason, I would have told him. I also said that I respected that he'd asked me.
His response was sad because he said he get's told that he's a great guy A LOT but it leads nowhere so he was wondering if there was something off putting that he could work on. That was kind of awesome to hear because he wanted constructive criticism and doesn't look at the world as being filled with horrible women but also wonders if he needs to do something or make a change. I felt kind of bad that I couldn't give him anything.
I do hope we can hang out and be friends but we shall see.
Tomorrow I see TK again for some pool playing, a few drinks, and dinner. I'm meeting him directly after work, which is nice because it means I won't be out late like I have been the last two nights (shut up, I have to get up early for work so staying out till 9 on school night is definitely late, especially when I have to take a shower when I get home).
I will let you know how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment