Annoying Things
Some mornings I find it very hard to feel a positive attitude as I drive into the office because traffic sucks so much. Honestly, I sometimes believe that people in Dallas are the absolute worst drivers but then, I guess people in Atlanta probably think the same thing about their city. It's just that there seems to always be an eighteen wheeler overturned, an accident ten miles away, and a whole bunch of rubber neckers. Presently my morning commute is further compounded by having a lane blocked off at the mix master. That's all it is, one lane instead of two, but it backs me up for a good seven miles, which wouldn't be terrible if I could go faster than 5 mph at a staccato pace.
I know I'm forever complaining about traffic these days, as I used to forever complain about laundry, but it's my commute that really has me thinking about looking for a new job.
Moving on. If you see me slip, like if you clearly see me, why do you feel the need to say "did you just slip?" That happened when I was leaving the smoking pit and slid a little on some mud. No, I didn't go flat down or anything, just a slide and a "whooo!" Everyone who knows me and was walking towards the pit at the time (and were half way away when this graceful event occurred) felt the need to ask "did you just slip?" I find that irritating, not because I'm embarrassed (I'm clumsy, I get it) but because what is the point? So I started responding with "no, just some fancy walking" and "I was going to bust out into a musical number but thought better of it as I can neither sing nor dance."
Yes, as you clearly witnessed, I slipped. Call action news.
Happier Things
On Sunday, I pretty much sequestered myself in my room and the master bedroom and knitted and watched Miss Marple (with a little bit of grown up responsible chores getting done). I wasn't in a bad mood but just needed some alone time. The Bat and I have been extremely social lately, either having his family over on weekends or going out, during the week, with his cousin, her fiance, and their friends. The cousin and fiance are, as I've said, moving to California this Friday so we are trying to see them as much as possible. But a girl gets peopled out after awhile; at least, this girl does.
When the Bat and I were going to bed I explained it to him so he would understand I hadn't been annoyed or anything and he said he understood. He then said he'd dig out a room underground that he could lock me in when I needed alone time. I said "no thank you" and pointed out that I had my own room and that I didn't need to be locked in an attic like some scary old lady. He said "no, I'd never put you in the attic. You'd fall through the roof immediately." I asked him if he was implying that I was fat but he said "no, just clumsy. You'd step wrong right away and come crashing down." I wanted to refute this but seeing as I'd run into the door frame leaving a room at some point in the day and that I walk like a toddler when I'm approaching the pond in the greenhouse, I couldn't.
Why do I list this as a happy thing? Because the conversation was goofy and silly and I got a wicked case of the giggles and just couldn't stop laughing until I was wheezing and joking. Going back to work is rough these days so it was nice to have such silliness be the last part of my Sunday.
Well, I ate almost every item in my lunch today, including a yogurt and a plum, and only have an orange left. I don't know if I'll manage that - not because I'm no longer a garbage disposal but because it is healthy and takes effort - but we'll see. I'm honestly trying to improve my diet ever so slightly but I still seem to eat a lot of junk. Perhaps I'll eat the orange or perhaps it will wait till later. Right now I have to return to work before driving home, going to Target, and then making sure Monkey cleaned Johan's cage as per our agreement.
Happy Tuesday!
Some mornings I find it very hard to feel a positive attitude as I drive into the office because traffic sucks so much. Honestly, I sometimes believe that people in Dallas are the absolute worst drivers but then, I guess people in Atlanta probably think the same thing about their city. It's just that there seems to always be an eighteen wheeler overturned, an accident ten miles away, and a whole bunch of rubber neckers. Presently my morning commute is further compounded by having a lane blocked off at the mix master. That's all it is, one lane instead of two, but it backs me up for a good seven miles, which wouldn't be terrible if I could go faster than 5 mph at a staccato pace.
I know I'm forever complaining about traffic these days, as I used to forever complain about laundry, but it's my commute that really has me thinking about looking for a new job.
Moving on. If you see me slip, like if you clearly see me, why do you feel the need to say "did you just slip?" That happened when I was leaving the smoking pit and slid a little on some mud. No, I didn't go flat down or anything, just a slide and a "whooo!" Everyone who knows me and was walking towards the pit at the time (and were half way away when this graceful event occurred) felt the need to ask "did you just slip?" I find that irritating, not because I'm embarrassed (I'm clumsy, I get it) but because what is the point? So I started responding with "no, just some fancy walking" and "I was going to bust out into a musical number but thought better of it as I can neither sing nor dance."
Yes, as you clearly witnessed, I slipped. Call action news.
Happier Things
On Sunday, I pretty much sequestered myself in my room and the master bedroom and knitted and watched Miss Marple (with a little bit of grown up responsible chores getting done). I wasn't in a bad mood but just needed some alone time. The Bat and I have been extremely social lately, either having his family over on weekends or going out, during the week, with his cousin, her fiance, and their friends. The cousin and fiance are, as I've said, moving to California this Friday so we are trying to see them as much as possible. But a girl gets peopled out after awhile; at least, this girl does.
When the Bat and I were going to bed I explained it to him so he would understand I hadn't been annoyed or anything and he said he understood. He then said he'd dig out a room underground that he could lock me in when I needed alone time. I said "no thank you" and pointed out that I had my own room and that I didn't need to be locked in an attic like some scary old lady. He said "no, I'd never put you in the attic. You'd fall through the roof immediately." I asked him if he was implying that I was fat but he said "no, just clumsy. You'd step wrong right away and come crashing down." I wanted to refute this but seeing as I'd run into the door frame leaving a room at some point in the day and that I walk like a toddler when I'm approaching the pond in the greenhouse, I couldn't.
Why do I list this as a happy thing? Because the conversation was goofy and silly and I got a wicked case of the giggles and just couldn't stop laughing until I was wheezing and joking. Going back to work is rough these days so it was nice to have such silliness be the last part of my Sunday.
Well, I ate almost every item in my lunch today, including a yogurt and a plum, and only have an orange left. I don't know if I'll manage that - not because I'm no longer a garbage disposal but because it is healthy and takes effort - but we'll see. I'm honestly trying to improve my diet ever so slightly but I still seem to eat a lot of junk. Perhaps I'll eat the orange or perhaps it will wait till later. Right now I have to return to work before driving home, going to Target, and then making sure Monkey cleaned Johan's cage as per our agreement.
Happy Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment