Friday, September 27, 2013

Date Night with New Guy and Monkey

New Guy*, Monkey, and I went to a Japanese restaurant for dinner last night. I ordered calamari and dynamite shrimp because I don't eat a lot in one sitting (I eat a lot but just throughout the day). So I sat and was minding my own business when I heard NG say "and a child's plate of the fillet mignon. Medium rare, right?" I leaned back in my chair because I was between them and wanted Monkey to be able to answer. She was silent and I looked at her. She realized I was waiting for her and she shook her head and said "no, he's talking to you."

He ordered me a child's plate. I found it hilarious. He told the server "child's plate, she eats like a bird." And no, there is no child's plate of fillet mignon but NG and Monkey go there often and know the guy so it was all good. In the end, I had the most food in front of me and took home a bunch of leftovers, which I, of course, left at his place this morning instead of bringing with me for lunch damn it.

*New Guy is now my boyfriend so I've changed his name to Batman. He's incredibly capable and can do all sorts of things (last weekend he was wiring his boat so that he can connect a radio or a phone charger or whatever he wants to it whilst out on the lake; after dinner yesterday, he had Monkey lay down on two chairs so that he could use his pliers to fix her braces). He also wears a belt with tools for his job. Batman has an awesome utility belt and he's pretty damn capable so Batman it is. 

2 comments:

  1. So, have you made him keep his utility belt on....and nothing else?

    ("Wocka Wocka Wocka" - Fozzie Bear)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, ma'am. His belt isn't nearly so awesome as the "real" Batman's unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete