Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Sober in October 2014


Who's ready for this? Yeah, I don't think it's actually a thing but it flows well when you say it. I decided I was going to abstain from booze this month in order to do a bit of detoxing and to save some money. That and I have a lot of shit I need to get done and drinking kind of cuts into energy levels and the ability to operate heavy machinery (and lift boxes). Today is, obviously, day one and I'm looking forward to this. I'm not going to post routine updates about it or anything, just thought I'd throw it out there.

In other news, I had some disappointment yesterday. I received a call from a guy around 3:45 regarding my Saturn. We chatted a bit and he told me his kid had practice between 7 and 9 and that he was going to try and come view the car during that time. I said OK and asked that he give me a call when he was on his way so I could give him the address and a bit of direction. He never called back and was a no show. OK, apparently he was in Lewisville and the Bat said that is an hour away and so I can understand not wanting to cut it too close but give a bitch a break and call her to say you can't make it, will you? I mean, I sat around until about 8:30 before giving up and feel like my time was a bit wasted. I think next time I talk to anyone I'll ask that they please let me know if they will be unable to make it so that I'll be free to do other stuff like, I don't know, take a bath or something. The noive of some folks.

Not really, he seemed really nice. And I really hope it was just a matter of timing and not that he found a different car he decided to go with. This guy needs to buy my car for a decent price so I can have some monies.

Anyhow, work is super stressful and someone was let go so I'd better wrap this up and get back to it. For anyone who wants to join me and put their booze cruise in dry dock, feel free to let me know and let me know how you do with it. Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment