16
Well, I'm feeling pretty stupid. Remember how I went out on a date and it was pretty nice? What I didn't mention is that I received a text from Murdoch during the date saying "OK, I'm done being mad about you breaking up with me. I understand. Thanks for letting me be part of your life for a little while. It was pretty great. Most of the time."
I was, to use a Dear Abby expression, floored. That night I texted him back saying I'd never imagined I'd hear from him again and I let him know that he had made an impression on me. The next morning we ended up texting back and forth and he told me some really shocking things. He said I was a really good girlfriend, that he thought I deserved good things in my life, and that he was really upset about the break up. All this from a guy I didn't think liked me.
We talked that night. We fought a bit about the fact that I'd gone on a date but we ended up back together. The next night I went to his place and actually slept over. We both have work to do with regards to communication but I think we are both relieved that we're still together.
I just feel like a jackass because I wasn't ready to date and that was a shitty thing to do to a nice guy. And it feels really dumb to have told everyone that I'd broken up with this guy only to be back together with him. Is that some high school bullshit or what? No, seriously. I didn't date, like at all, in high school so I don't know.
Link a Dink
One of my favorite websites ever. It bills itself as "The most profane fucking start page on the goddamned internet" which makes it seem like it's just some bullshit. But the site links you to some really interesting stuff (I presently have multiple tabs open in my browser, all from that site). And it's always awesome when someone else does the work for you and puts together a page of useful links. I wonder if I can access the site from work. So, in the spirit of FHP, here are some links:
Really? What the fuck is wrong with people? National Lazy Day? National Hot Dog Day? I don't get why we need so many pseudo holidays or why a nation as fat as the U.S. would want to embrace food days and lazy days.
Although, full disclosure, I'm an advocate of National Clitoris Awareness Week.
This is pretty freaking neat, isn't it? But how do you NOT know where you are burgling?
Because this shit is just too weird and creepy to not make you want to know more about it. I think Jenna Elfman actually talked about going around and uncovering the lizard people once. And when you have a problem, you break out the clay table and sculpt your problems away. OK, at least that's what I've been told by a non-expert (my ex-husband). But a quick google search found a quote from someone called KolKol as part of a forum discussion on clay tables in 2008: "From what I understand, clay demoing of "cycle of action" somehow will give you the ability to finish cycles of action better than before. similar with the other concepts that I clay demoed. Is that correct?"
Because we all know I'm constantly looking for something to do at work... you know, other than work.
And last, but certainly not least, here you go. Seems simple yes? But come on, we all fucking love it.
Well, I'm feeling pretty stupid. Remember how I went out on a date and it was pretty nice? What I didn't mention is that I received a text from Murdoch during the date saying "OK, I'm done being mad about you breaking up with me. I understand. Thanks for letting me be part of your life for a little while. It was pretty great. Most of the time."
I was, to use a Dear Abby expression, floored. That night I texted him back saying I'd never imagined I'd hear from him again and I let him know that he had made an impression on me. The next morning we ended up texting back and forth and he told me some really shocking things. He said I was a really good girlfriend, that he thought I deserved good things in my life, and that he was really upset about the break up. All this from a guy I didn't think liked me.
We talked that night. We fought a bit about the fact that I'd gone on a date but we ended up back together. The next night I went to his place and actually slept over. We both have work to do with regards to communication but I think we are both relieved that we're still together.
I just feel like a jackass because I wasn't ready to date and that was a shitty thing to do to a nice guy. And it feels really dumb to have told everyone that I'd broken up with this guy only to be back together with him. Is that some high school bullshit or what? No, seriously. I didn't date, like at all, in high school so I don't know.
Link a Dink
One of my favorite websites ever. It bills itself as "The most profane fucking start page on the goddamned internet" which makes it seem like it's just some bullshit. But the site links you to some really interesting stuff (I presently have multiple tabs open in my browser, all from that site). And it's always awesome when someone else does the work for you and puts together a page of useful links. I wonder if I can access the site from work. So, in the spirit of FHP, here are some links:
Really? What the fuck is wrong with people? National Lazy Day? National Hot Dog Day? I don't get why we need so many pseudo holidays or why a nation as fat as the U.S. would want to embrace food days and lazy days.
Although, full disclosure, I'm an advocate of National Clitoris Awareness Week.
This is pretty freaking neat, isn't it? But how do you NOT know where you are burgling?
Because this shit is just too weird and creepy to not make you want to know more about it. I think Jenna Elfman actually talked about going around and uncovering the lizard people once. And when you have a problem, you break out the clay table and sculpt your problems away. OK, at least that's what I've been told by a non-expert (my ex-husband). But a quick google search found a quote from someone called KolKol as part of a forum discussion on clay tables in 2008: "From what I understand, clay demoing of "cycle of action" somehow will give you the ability to finish cycles of action better than before. similar with the other concepts that I clay demoed. Is that correct?"
Because we all know I'm constantly looking for something to do at work... you know, other than work.
And last, but certainly not least, here you go. Seems simple yes? But come on, we all fucking love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment