Today was saved by both the lovely Side Car and by Wii Just Dance 4, which I am in love with. I played it for an hour today and sweated out the brandy and, hopefully, burned a few calories. I don't do too badly points wise, but only because it's a matter of where the controller is rather than matching the dance moves exactly. This is good because the only bits I can actually do are the arm movements and even those are weak. But it is fun and you can get a good hour-long cardiovascular workout without noticing the time. If you decide to try one of the Just Dance games, I recommend the following:
1: Wear sneakers as you do move around quite a bit.
2: Wear a bra. One song of not wearing one and you will understand why.
3: Have water handy.
4: Make sure you have a lot of room because you will back into your coffee table and risk tumbling over.
5: Unless you are at all gifted when it comes to dancing, I would suggest you make sure you are alone.
6: If you are playing Just Dance 4, don't get too hung up trying to figure out why the person guiding you through the Wilson Pickett song is an alligator.
It's incredibly fun though and I do recommend it for at home workouts.
Shoot
Due to the mess that was my morning, I forgot all about the best experience I had in the last few days. Upstairs Kid took me shooting on Saturday! I shot a 22 rifle and a STG556 "Bull Pup" semi automatic rifle. The 22 was fun but the Bull Pup is what I fell in love with due to its power. It was loud, had a strong recoil, and I could see smoke when the shells discharged. I've fallen in love with this and hope it becomes a new hobby. I've always been fascinated by guns but also terrified of them. My boss offered to take me to the range and I was keen to go until he pointed out that you really trust your fellow man when you go because you never know for sure that no one is going to just go psycho. I don't know why I decided to go but I'm glad I did because it was such a fun experience. Next time we will shoot hand guns and J will come with. One day I may even go so far as to purchase my own handgun for protection and go all out for the concealed handgun license, which is legal in Ohio, just for the badassness of it all. At this time, however, the only weapon I've purchased is a hot pink bottle of mace.Hunter is pretty ecstatic about my new found love and a friend in Arizona was vocal about it as well, saying that the next time I'm in town, we'll have to go shooting. I'm not sure how J feels about it because I don't really know how he feels about guns. But he did say he wanted to go when we shoot handguns so that will probably answer my question about how he feels. The whole experience was so fun that I still can't stop talking about it with anyone and everyone. I've had two conversations with cashiers at my local grocery store, both of whom were very enthusiastic. In fact, so far the only negative parts of the experience have been 1) the fact that Upstairs Kid and I stopped at Sonic on the way and I ended up getting food all over myself and mustard on my seat belt so my car smells and 2) my upper left back muscles are sore (and have been since yesterday). But yeah, yay guns!
See what a little alcohol and dancing can do for one's mood?
Because this http://www.fanpop.com/images/polls/20838_10_full.jpg might happen without a sports bra?
ReplyDeleteNo, not quite that, but certainly uncomfortable. You can either take my word for it or try it yourself.
ReplyDelete