Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Not the smart one in the family

I just choked on my V8 V-fusion. Remember last time I choked on my own saliva? That was less than three months ago! Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with me? At least this time I was able to somewhat control it and not continue barking like a seal and sucking in like a broken vacuum cleaner. Of course, the V8 is now burning my nose and throat and I felt like I'd suffered a hot flash, but at least the GM of the company didn't come loom over my cube wall and make sure I was OK. This time the VP looked in on his way down the hall.

I'm going to chalk it up to nerves. This meeting is getting ever closer and I need to get the agenda out to head mukky muck and I have no idea where it stands. I did ask EA if she could bring it up at the Super Important People (SIP) meeting this morning and let them know I needed to send it by 1PM but I haven't heard since and she is sequestered in her office. What's worse is that my boss still shows no signs of any concern. The people coming are a big deal and we need to treat them as such but Boss doesn't seem to care. Of course, Boss is the kind of guy who shows up late to every meeting just to appear busy and important. Maybe I should just let it go and let the cards fall where they may. After all, head mukky muck's assistant knows how hard I've been trying to get this together as I've been coordinating things with her. And EA knows that I'm working on it. Still, if Boss fails doesn't that mean Boss's assistant fails. Blerg.

In other news, my brother obtained his doctorate of education recently. Actually, I think the graduation is tomorrow. J and I received an invitation, which was nice but 2,500 miles is a bit far to travel. So I wrote a check instead. Then I had to call our mother to make sure I had his name right. Shut up, it isn't like that. When we were kids, my brother always went by his middle name. As an adult, he seems to have begun going by the first initial of his first name and his middle name. That isn't clear. OK, let's say a dude by the name of John Paul Jones always went by Paul but then started going by J. Paul Jones. That's what my brother does now. Only I didn't know if he'd legally changed it to that or not and I'm too stupid to remember where I put the invitation with the name written out. So I called my mom on mother's day and essentially asked "what's Paul's name?" I'm sure she was really proud at that moment.

And I'll leave you with this picture I drew earlier to relieve some of my stress. It didn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment