Monday, May 23, 2011

Sucks to your asthma

So, no rapture. I read an article about how this guy Camping had used Bible math and had previously predicted the world would end in 1994. The article mentioned another guy who spent $144,000 on advertising the impending end of the world using billboards and subways. If he isn't super pissed and disaffected he must be simply insane.

I will never understand religious people. There were folks who were just absolutely ecstatic with the idea that the world was going to end and that non-believers were going to be tortured. How can people call themselves good people or followers of that first ever hippy Jesus, and delight in the idea of torture? Granted, I don't know too much about religious texts, but I'm fairly certain that Jesus is usually portrayed as loving, forgiving, humble, etc. Christians believe in and love Christ, right? So why do they want to see him be sad as he watches perfectly decent people tortured and tormented? And how could you think of yourself as a good person when what you want is all based on something that you cannot prove even exists? Weird.

Anyhow. Because I am me and I cannot start on any new healthy life style without immediately sabotaging myself, I had my fill of booze this weekend. I do this all the time. The minute I decide to go on a diet and just eat healthy stuff, I scarf down a bag of Oreos and drink a regular Coke. If I decide I'm going to start saving money for something, I go out and buy ridiculous stuff that I don't need. It's like I am my own rebellious child or something. Fortunately, I know all about my little tricks and orneriness so I bounce back quickly. So tomorrow I will go to the gym and run my two miles as I begin the second week of training for this mad half-marathon I plan on running. To keep myself sane and to have something to break up all this crazy running, I am also going to take part in a weekly hip-hop dance class at the gym. My girlfriend, Red, and I went last Friday and it was so much fun. Basically a 60 minute cardio session where we didn't know what we were doing but just tremendous, tremendous fun. Don't I sound healthy?

Finally - it would appear that I do have some sort of allergies that I didn't know about. Or else I'm one of those weird people who are affected by changes in the weather. We had thunderstorms last night and I woke up achy and my head was wonky. So I stayed home after getting permission to work from my laptop from my boss, and have been formatting minutes and feeling crummy. My boss told me to try some allergy medication, which J gave me, and after I took a nap on my lunch break, I think it might have done the trick. I can't tell you how annoyed I am to be affected by weather though. It just seems so stupid and weak. No, I know, that makes zero sense but that is how I've always been. I've always made fun of people for being allergic to the planet they live in because I am a heartless cunt, apparently. I think I didn't really understand that they were truly suffering and that they were just being whiny. It wasn't until recently (and before I found out that I have a ragweed allergy) that it finally dawned on me that I'm just super duper lucky because I see how J suffers and I see how the people at work suffer. Poor bastards. So I guess I should just take my weather affected self and be pleased it isn't worse.

Especially since I live in OH. Apparently coming to OH is the opposite of moving to Arizona where people take their asthmatic kids. J developed asthma from moving here for crissakes! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I giggled and nodded often in this entry.

    You and I are so alike, it's scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you're back, my one and only commenter!

    We are alike because Jesus said so.

    ReplyDelete