Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pity Party

Here is my day as it lays before me.

I am up at 6:00 AM, which I haven't been in god knows how long. J came into the bedroom at 5 AM complaining of foot pain and worrying about what he is going to do in order to get around. So I chatted and joked with him for a bit. Then he fell asleep, but I could not. Eventually I just got out of bed.

I had planned on getting up at 7 and going to the gym, but that is not in the cards. Instead, I have to take a shower, make J some sandwiches, bring his office stuff into the living room and provide him with water so that he can sit in his chair all day and disturb his foot as little as possible. Then I have to go to Staples and look for an office chair that he can use as a cheaper version of a knee walker.*

Then 8 hours of work.

After work I had planned to go to Kohls in search of a new vacuum cleaner to replace ours which sucks... or rather, doesn't suck enough, given that that is what it is meant to do. But I don't know if I'll make it. Am hoping a shower and some coffee wake me up.

Oh poor me and my problems, right? I'm going to look on the bright side and at least be grateful that I am able bodied, healthy, and have a husband who loves me.

*I don't know if I mentioned this previously and I am too tired to look. J has a closed fracture in his fibula, something that occurred on the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend. He didn't know there was a broken bone until the next Sunday, when he went to the ER to have something else looked at. They gave him a crutch and a splint and said to keep off of it. Have you ever tried to get around with one crutch? J doesn't have a left hand so he has to hop around and just hope he doesn't fall. This is putting a lot of pressure and pain on his uninjured foot so he called the orthopedist, whom he will not see until the 20th, and they suggested a kneewalker, which I believe is essentially a wheeled device for you to kneel on with the injured leg in order to take pressure off the OK limb. Looking online for Columbus, it looks like $100 to rent. So we thought we'd do a white trash version and get a wheeled office chair instead, something that we can use once he no longer needs it to hobble around on.

No comments:

Post a Comment