Memory Prompt
This is a picture of a horse.
This is a picture of a horse.
Action horse!
I know, you are thoroughly impressed with me, aren't you? I can do colors too! I posted that picture because I am terrified of horses. I think it is a legitimate fear considering how large they are and the fact that they can kill you. I posted a picture of a legitimate fear with hopes it will prompt me to remember whatever it was I thought of yesterday that is a ridiculous fear. You know how I get really anxious when I order from Jimmy John's online? It was something along those lines, a weird anxiety issue for no reason. So hopefully Action Jackson the horse up there will help me remember as I continue to type this.
Lying Thief
Something really dumb happened yesterday. Long story short, I didn't have anything for lunch because I just brought two sticks of string cheese with me to work. But I did have a $5 bill on me, which is second best to a $1 bill in terms of easily accessible food. I put the fiver in my pocket and walked to the vending machine to confirm that it did, indeed, take that nomination. It does. It says right there under the bill slipper inner that it accepts $1, $2, and $5 bills. So in went my fiver and out came ... righteous indignation. The machine kept telling me to use exact change and then said there was a credit of 5.00. Like there is anything in that stupid box priced at $5! I tried various options and then just had to walk away.
The goddamn machine lied to me about what it would take and then ripped me off. I had to go down to reception and fill out a form in order to get my money back and then walk to the little deli place we have to get some cheetos. It was the most stupid thing to have happened to me at work in a long time. In retrospect, however, I'm lucky; the Bat was changing a door knob yesterday and his back went out on him. He isn't 100% crooked but he definitely has a tilt and when he sits down, he does it like an infant (so I'm told... I was demonstrating for some of the girls at work [sorry Bat! I wasn't making fun of you, just demonstrating the extent of your pain] and they both went "awwww, that's like what babies do!") and he winces a lot. I felt terrible for him so I drove to the sushi bar after work to meet up with him and then went to his house. He actually left his car for Monkey (she started her first day of work!) because he didn't think he could drive and didn't want to get in and out of cars any more than he had to. Poor guy.
Chores n' More!
I'm at work on a lunch break right now. I've got some chores to do after work and they are all in my home thank god because we all know how I feel about doing stuff outside of my home after work.
I'm actually looking forward to them and wish I could go home and get started. This happens to me every so often and it tickles me. I have to do dumb shit like laundry and update my calendar and stuff like that, nothing special. But I'm looking forward to going home, throwing some cookies in the oven (more on that in a minute) and doing dishes and settling in to my domestic chores. I'm also looking forward to sitting and reading with Bubbles, who has been horribly neglected lately. I felt really, really bad when I saw her sitting by her scratching post as I left to go to the bar. Here I'd left her all weekend long and I was leaving her yet again. Poor thing has bald spots from wear she got into a fight with stupid Haroun, the Bat's parents' cat.
I will not be going to the Bat Cave for at least a month because I do not want to leave poor Bubbles all on her own. I know, I'm insane.
So the cookies! A couple of months ago I gave my friend $18 for her son's fundraiser and yesterday I finally got my 2.5 pounds of cookie dough. That is a ridiculous amount of cookie. I can't remember what the options all were but I ordered something called chocolate peanut butter cup because I figured, if I'm ordering my cookie dough by the pound, I'm sure as shit going to make sure it is something the Bat likes as well so that my fat ass doesn't go all Walking Dead on damned cookies. It's going to be awesome with the smell of baking as I wash my dishes and sweep my floor and vacuum, all whilst listening to the Russ Martin Show or else NPR. RMS is now advertising Blue Apron, oddly enough. I miss cooking and can't wait until I can start up my service again but I need to make sure I'm financially sound before I do so. Seeing as I have about $60 in my checking accounts right now, I don't think it is time, do you?
The End
Sigh. I'm getting deadly dull and, well, old aren't I? I'm looking forward to cleaning my apartment (why do I have to do this so often?) and baking cookies. I'm also stoked because all of the stuff I ordered for camping will be here by next week (I'll tell you about camping in a different post). But what can I tell you? I like this stuff.
Not so much the not remembering though. I still can't remember what stupid thing it was I was thinking of yesterday.


No comments:
Post a Comment