Sunday, August 23, 2015

Best Laid (lame) Plans

I had some pretty sweet plans for this weekend. I was going to catch up on all my chores like taking out the garbage, getting the mail, doing laundry, and vacuuming. I was then going to just kick back and relax, chill in my tub with an adult beverage or two, and read, watch movies, and hang out with my cat. I did catch up on all the chores I listed but I did them today, Sunday, without a lot of the relaxation.

See, I wasn't going to go to the country this weekend. I tell myself towards the end of each week that this is the weekend I'm going to stay home and decompress and just fucking relax because I'm so burned out. This weekend I am not going to spend my time laboring and getting dirty and gross and sore. And this week, I really, really, really meant it. But then HK decided she wasn't going to go and I felt like I'd be letting the Bat down since he'd then be down two adults and so I went.

Among other things,I helped put up 500 feet of fencing so that his parents can bring two horses down. Apparently fencing is a gift I have because I got damned good at it pretty quickly but it is still hard work, especially in the burning hot Texas sun with a real feel temperature of 102. I think we did three of the five hundred today and it wiped me the fuck out. But chores were left so as soon as I got home, I took out the trash, got my mail, threw in a load of laundry, and put some fried clams in the oven. I eventually vacuumed, folded laundry, and put in a second load.

I'm exhausted. Wiped out. All I want to do is get a massage and sleep for 12 hours but, sadly, I have to pay bills and fold more laundry and put new sheets on my bed and prepare for work tomorrow. I pretty much just work for the most part. 40 hours in the office and then Friday evening through Sunday early afternoon, labor down on the farm.

Maybe this upcoming weekend I'll actually do it and just stay home and nap like a motherfucker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment