Not Exactly Sophie's ChoiceWhat I do understand: spending money trying to protect endangered species like rhinos and elephants because their numbers are dwindling due to poaching.
What I do not understand: spending money trying to keep pandas from becoming extinct. Seriously, dude, pandas need the help of humans to fucking breed. I think that is nature's way of saying that natural selection is not in their favor and they are kind of meant to die off.
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against pandas and think they are cute, but if they don't have the innate desire to breed and carry on their own species, let them go. We'll probably end up dying out not from a nuclear war or a zombie attack, but from pandas that we've bred in zoos and have decided to take over planet earth. Let them fight their own battle, OK?
Date Night
This week's date night consisted of picking up some Little Caesar's pizza (no, I'm with you, I am constantly amazed that this place exists, especially outside of a Walmart) and watching "How to Train Your Dragon." Might sound boring but it was perfect for me given how tired I was, even with the nap I took after work. It did, I admit, feel a bit like I was just having a movie night with my roommate, but still, it was chill and I was happy and perfect for me, as I said.We did check out an Italian place Spectero told me about but it seemed a bit expensive, the ambiance was lacking, and it was BYOB. OK, BYOB is fine but the prices did not match the atmosphere. Still, I do want to check it out some time.
Other Stuff
I'll be volunteering at the library again, for my fourth time. I feel I need to put in extra time because my first time I did 1 hour and 45 minutes, the second time I did an hour twenty, and the third was only forty minutes because Spectero was going to get to the bar early and MY GOD I sweat a lot stocking shelves and dusting them so any excuse to get out. So I'll stay for at least an hour this time. Oh, and last time? I realized that I wasn't signing in properly. I put my name down, put what I did, when I signed in and when I signed out and how long that was but I didn't realize that the column to the far left that went from 1 to 31 meant the day of the month. So I adjusted my earlier entries, crossed out the original, and left a note that said "volunteers at a library but can't read" because I felt fucking stupid.
No real plans this weekend. The Bat will be preparing for next weekend for his annual party for Monkey's birthday. I need to catch up on some housework, tend to my gardens, read my borrowed library books, and maybe use up that $78 Macy's credit that I have. Because I'm extremely exciting like that. But it's a THREE DAY WEEKEND and I keep forgetting that so whoo hoo!
Finally
Oh, Texas. I know I bitch about your driving habits, the way you cut a bitch off left and right and how you can't keep your 18 wheelers upright. But do you know what I love about you with regards to traffic? The fact that people seem to really follow the rules about not crossing solid white lines. That and the fact that people create two lanes where there is really only one in the complex where I work. For some reason, that really tickles me.
No comments:
Post a Comment