Friday, November 22, 2013

Going to the Dogs

What a clever title for a post about dogs! I'm really just trying to get better about naming my posts so I know what the fuck they are about. Anywho. I'm working from home today because I'm sick. Yes, again. The girl who helped me change my oil was ill and I caught it from her (who would have thought that having your face right up against a sick person's face could make you sick?) and it sucks and I'm really annoyed because being sick is so sucky. Also, as I've said before, I'm not a huge fan of working from home. But, obviously, things could be a shit ton worse and it's a nice problem to have, yes? Seeing as I've been with Batman for about two months, practically live with him, and am presently spending the day in his dining room, I thought I'd tell you about two other residents of the Bat Cave. Especially since it is in the 30's outside and so said residents are inside spending the day with me.

I may have mentioned it before but, in case I did not, the Bat Cave is teeming with animals. There is the Bat, Monkey, moi, Bubbles, Johan, and two dogs. The first is Bailey, seen in the shitty picture below. Hi, Bailey!


Bailey is roughly 300 years old and has arthritis. She is a mutt and the Bat doesn't really know what she comprises in terms of breed. She's a sweet old girl who is never more adorable than when you find her sitting on the sofa. This is not allowed but she's so ancient that we all look the other way and feel kind of bad when she heaves herself up and off when "caught". She's fluffy and docile but when she sees a cat, she turns into a maniac and jumps into action (fortunately, Bubbles is faster). It's kind of hard not to love Bailey and even the Monkey has been overheard saying "I really love you, Bails". It is doubtful that she'll make it another year but right now, watching her bite her own leg as she chills on the dining room floor, she seems perfectly content. That might also be due to the fact that the other dog is leaving her alone for the moment.

The other dog is Lucifer, seen in this equally shitty picture.


Lucifer is about 10 months old and I believe his daddy is a bull mastiff and his mommy is a wire hair pointer or something. So he looks kind of like a fucked up black lab and he has wiry hair (I've since met the parents and one of his brothers... fucking bizarre). Lucifer got his name from the inverted cross on his chest and I've only recently learned that it uber bothers the Bat when I call the dog Luci. It's either Luke, or Lucifer. Or Stupid, I'm allowed to call him stupid when he is being obnoxious. Side note - not pictured? His massive balls. He is still not neutered and there is just so much dog balls right in your face when this animal is around. He's a puppy and is still in his lanky phase so he's super adorable but also super stupid. He chews everything (my high heals, plastic flower pots, blue masking tape... hell, he was just cuddling with a paper Macy's bag a moment ago) and doesn't know when to get out of the way. Remember that productive weekend I had, part of which was spent cleaning the backyard? The Bat and I were throwing rocks, some quite large, against the side of the house so that he could mow and Lucifer did not get out of the way even though he was close to getting his head clobbered. He will take your shoes, bras, and underpants into the yard and destroy them. He has a slew of teddy bears that he loves and leaves alone for the most part. He doesn't rip them to shreds but he does hump them from time to time. 

The Bat and his cousins will rough house with Lucifer like crazy. He's really solid and you can kick him and body slam him and he'll just look at you with his tongue hanging out of his mouth asking for more because yay! playing! attention! I don't have it in me to rough house and get nervous when others do it but I have to admit, he is happy as anything when someone is slapping him in the face and pushing at him. He's pretty happy right now, to look at him. He's presently laying on his back with his paws raised, right next to Bailey on the dining room floor. Both are primed for petting (but will not be getting shit from me because they will just come back for more and I've had enough dog breath for one morning). Poor Luke will be lost when Bailey goes. 

Doggies, one of the best parts of life, hands down. 


No comments:

Post a Comment