Hello there. It is about 7:36 a.m. on Saturday and Batman is still asleep regardless of the fact that it was his alarm that went off (twice). But we also went to bed relatively early for two youngish people on a Friday night so up I am, listening to KERA and working on a scarf. Because 32-almost-33 is the new 72.
I feel better today than I have in the last week. I believe I mentioned that my body launched a full scale rebellion after the camping trip, my trapezoids or whateverazoids (AKA: muscles in my shoulders and back and forearms that had previously lain dormant) hurting like a son of bitch and making it difficult to lift my arms or pick anything up. I also pulled something in my left leg, though I'm not sure what. Not exactly a hamstring, maybe a glut muscle? That sounds like a glut rhymes with slut muscle which is funny because in my head I've hurt my glutton muscle by over indulging. But that isn't the point; no, the point is I pulled something and was limping around and then yesterday I tried to sit, cross legged, on my bed, when I twisted the fuck out of that hip and leg and ended up near tears on the floor trying to explain to Bubbles that I'd hurt myself (whilst trying to sit the fuck down) and that is why I was making those noises. She was unsympathetic. I was gimping around all day and it hurt even when I was just sitting there but whatever, I'm Wu-Tang so I powered through.
Then I got to the Bat's house and pretty much first thing, I whacked the shin of my good leg into his bed and bruised it. This morning? Whacked my left knee into a table trying to get out of his bedroom.
Oh, and did I mention the cold? Yeah, I woke up with a cold on Wednesday morning and felt so crumby I worked from home the rest of the week. I'm sure I got it from all that fresh air and swimming in a lake when it wasn't exactly warm outside and being around kids. But whatev, I'm doing way better now and I had a blast earning that cold. And I think it is on its way out, which I'm grateful for but a bit surprised by. Yes, I take a DMT to halt progression of my disease, but I always worry that when I get ill (which has happened somewhat frequently since my move to Texas) it'll linger longer than it used to because of the whole suppressed immune system thing. Whenever I read anything about the need for flu shots or protecting myself from germs or the sun in terms of MS, I read things about how I'll be out for the count for a really long time if I get sick. I guess I'm just very lucky to have relapsing remitting and to have enough of a *healthy* immune system to not fall into that category. Just as I've been grateful for this diagnosis since the day I received it (because, as I've said, it could have been traumatically, dramatically, terrifyingly worse), I am equally if not more grateful (graterful? full of graters) that I remain so healthy and functional.
What a whiner I sound like in this post. What's funny is that I find it all a bit comical. I hurt the fuck out of my hip/leg trying to sit down on my bed for crying out loud! It's like the time I hung up the phone in my mother's kitchen (back in the day phone, the kind that was mounted on the wall and had a cord) and turned and fell flat on my face for no good reason. At some point you realize that you need to go about your life thinking that the world is there to hurt you and bruise you so move more deliberately and thoughtfully stupid. Oh, and when you organize your giant black hole bag with the one pocket and you put your ibuprofen in there? Yeah, maybe take a few of those handy little pills to help with the immense pain you are feeling. It's like I've said to KC and the Sunshine Band (and many others) - I either need to wrap myself in bubble wrap or have a signed permission slip and chaperon for any and all outings. And I need to do an adult version of baby safing my apartment because clearly I don't understand the concept of my body in space and inanimate objects (seriously, you know how you find bruises on your body and you can't remember how you got them [not because you were wasted when it happened, just because you didn't register it in time?] I had one below my knee and I was musing as to how I could have gotten it when I whacked the exact same spot into Johan's cage again. And it isn't like his cage is in the way or even flush with a wall. I'm just special).
My cold seems to be on the way out. Yesterday wasn't terrible although I was very leaky and felt clammy and a bit run down. Last night I slept well and woke up with a cough but less leaking so I think I'm on the way out of illsville. I'm stoked because I miss going into the office. Don't get me wrong, working from home is a wonderful privilege and I appreciate that my boss has allowed me to utilize it so much this week. But I don't actually enjoy doing it too much. I've mentioned that before and it hasn't changed. One day a week is fine but multiple days just irritates me. I end up lonely and have to deal with Bubbles who has progressed from just laying on top of me/on top of my computer to meowing at me incessantly to meowing at me from another room causing me to think something was wrong. The first time she did that I jumped up and found her sitting on a chair in my bedroom just meowing. I guess she wanted to be petted and talked to in a different milieu. Yeah, I said milieu... lemme look it up 'right quick' to see if I used it right (isn't it usually for literary/dramatic writings when discussing setting? this isn't me looking it up... let me do that) ... according to dictionary.reference.com "surroundings, especially of a social or cultural nature:" so no, used it wrong unless I speak about my bedroom in the context of a social or cultural nature. She wanted to talk and be petted in a different room. That's right English majors, less is more unless you want to sound pretentious and stupid. I sometimes sound pretentious without meaning too; I prefer to just sound stupid without it being because I'm trying too hard. Digression over.
Anyhow. So things are good. Work was irritating me but I think it's really just me and my misunderstanding of the management organization (read: didn't know that I was supposed to be keeping a different manager up to date on my work because I thought I was just supposed to let MY manager know). But I'm feeling better about things now (hope I didn't jinx myself). With that said, it's time for me to get back to it. I want to make some head way on an issue that is enormous and laborious and I have some prep work to do before smoke testing tonight (yep, working on a Saturday night).
Felt good to write here again, even if it was rambly and not very well put together. That's what I like about my silly, unpopular, stream of consciousness blog. I can just tippity tappity type away and work through how I'm feeling. So yay! And sorry to those who read this and were bored. I'll have to text with Austin in order to get a better post for you three or four readers. Have a great weekend!
I feel better today than I have in the last week. I believe I mentioned that my body launched a full scale rebellion after the camping trip, my trapezoids or whateverazoids (AKA: muscles in my shoulders and back and forearms that had previously lain dormant) hurting like a son of bitch and making it difficult to lift my arms or pick anything up. I also pulled something in my left leg, though I'm not sure what. Not exactly a hamstring, maybe a glut muscle? That sounds like a glut rhymes with slut muscle which is funny because in my head I've hurt my glutton muscle by over indulging. But that isn't the point; no, the point is I pulled something and was limping around and then yesterday I tried to sit, cross legged, on my bed, when I twisted the fuck out of that hip and leg and ended up near tears on the floor trying to explain to Bubbles that I'd hurt myself (whilst trying to sit the fuck down) and that is why I was making those noises. She was unsympathetic. I was gimping around all day and it hurt even when I was just sitting there but whatever, I'm Wu-Tang so I powered through.
Then I got to the Bat's house and pretty much first thing, I whacked the shin of my good leg into his bed and bruised it. This morning? Whacked my left knee into a table trying to get out of his bedroom.
Oh, and did I mention the cold? Yeah, I woke up with a cold on Wednesday morning and felt so crumby I worked from home the rest of the week. I'm sure I got it from all that fresh air and swimming in a lake when it wasn't exactly warm outside and being around kids. But whatev, I'm doing way better now and I had a blast earning that cold. And I think it is on its way out, which I'm grateful for but a bit surprised by. Yes, I take a DMT to halt progression of my disease, but I always worry that when I get ill (which has happened somewhat frequently since my move to Texas) it'll linger longer than it used to because of the whole suppressed immune system thing. Whenever I read anything about the need for flu shots or protecting myself from germs or the sun in terms of MS, I read things about how I'll be out for the count for a really long time if I get sick. I guess I'm just very lucky to have relapsing remitting and to have enough of a *healthy* immune system to not fall into that category. Just as I've been grateful for this diagnosis since the day I received it (because, as I've said, it could have been traumatically, dramatically, terrifyingly worse), I am equally if not more grateful (graterful? full of graters) that I remain so healthy and functional.
What a whiner I sound like in this post. What's funny is that I find it all a bit comical. I hurt the fuck out of my hip/leg trying to sit down on my bed for crying out loud! It's like the time I hung up the phone in my mother's kitchen (back in the day phone, the kind that was mounted on the wall and had a cord) and turned and fell flat on my face for no good reason. At some point you realize that you need to go about your life thinking that the world is there to hurt you and bruise you so move more deliberately and thoughtfully stupid. Oh, and when you organize your giant black hole bag with the one pocket and you put your ibuprofen in there? Yeah, maybe take a few of those handy little pills to help with the immense pain you are feeling. It's like I've said to KC and the Sunshine Band (and many others) - I either need to wrap myself in bubble wrap or have a signed permission slip and chaperon for any and all outings. And I need to do an adult version of baby safing my apartment because clearly I don't understand the concept of my body in space and inanimate objects (seriously, you know how you find bruises on your body and you can't remember how you got them [not because you were wasted when it happened, just because you didn't register it in time?] I had one below my knee and I was musing as to how I could have gotten it when I whacked the exact same spot into Johan's cage again. And it isn't like his cage is in the way or even flush with a wall. I'm just special).
My cold seems to be on the way out. Yesterday wasn't terrible although I was very leaky and felt clammy and a bit run down. Last night I slept well and woke up with a cough but less leaking so I think I'm on the way out of illsville. I'm stoked because I miss going into the office. Don't get me wrong, working from home is a wonderful privilege and I appreciate that my boss has allowed me to utilize it so much this week. But I don't actually enjoy doing it too much. I've mentioned that before and it hasn't changed. One day a week is fine but multiple days just irritates me. I end up lonely and have to deal with Bubbles who has progressed from just laying on top of me/on top of my computer to meowing at me incessantly to meowing at me from another room causing me to think something was wrong. The first time she did that I jumped up and found her sitting on a chair in my bedroom just meowing. I guess she wanted to be petted and talked to in a different milieu. Yeah, I said milieu... lemme look it up 'right quick' to see if I used it right (isn't it usually for literary/dramatic writings when discussing setting? this isn't me looking it up... let me do that) ... according to dictionary.reference.com "surroundings, especially of a social or cultural nature:" so no, used it wrong unless I speak about my bedroom in the context of a social or cultural nature. She wanted to talk and be petted in a different room. That's right English majors, less is more unless you want to sound pretentious and stupid. I sometimes sound pretentious without meaning too; I prefer to just sound stupid without it being because I'm trying too hard. Digression over.
Anyhow. So things are good. Work was irritating me but I think it's really just me and my misunderstanding of the management organization (read: didn't know that I was supposed to be keeping a different manager up to date on my work because I thought I was just supposed to let MY manager know). But I'm feeling better about things now (hope I didn't jinx myself). With that said, it's time for me to get back to it. I want to make some head way on an issue that is enormous and laborious and I have some prep work to do before smoke testing tonight (yep, working on a Saturday night).
Felt good to write here again, even if it was rambly and not very well put together. That's what I like about my silly, unpopular, stream of consciousness blog. I can just tippity tappity type away and work through how I'm feeling. So yay! And sorry to those who read this and were bored. I'll have to text with Austin in order to get a better post for you three or four readers. Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment