I've been busy basically freaking out about stuff. Today I took Johan to the vet (yet again) because his eye has just gotten worse. Pressure readings said the eye was trying to rupture and that he was in pain. He had an enucleation this afternoon. They discovered a large abscess so, after removing the eye, they flushed out all the puss, put in some antibiotics, gave him an injection of antibiotics, and sutured him up. When I called they said he was awake and walking around. He was in a cage, which was good, because it meant he wasn't in an incubator or anything and his temperature was normal. I'll get a call tomorrow before 9, so I've been told, telling me when I can come get him. Of course, I was also told that I'd get a call when my little boy was awake from the anesthesia and that didn't happen. So I might have to call.
His vet didn't do the surgery but she was so sweet. She asked me when I'd noticed the change and I told her it was around Thursday or Friday and I'd been told today at 9:20 was the earliest appointment I could get with her. "He saw someone else once and I didn't like him." She was so nice. She told me she wasn't available for surgery until Friday and I almost broke down when I said "but I don't know where to take him?" She just said "no, my partners can also do it but who didn't you like?" because she wanted to spare me if she could. I let her know that I didn't care who did the surgery, as long as they were competent, I just didn't like my one previous run in with the guy because he gave me a faulty diagnosis. She also told me she was in until11 tomorrow and that she would check on him before she left for the day. I love my piggy's vet. I let a different gynecologist put in my IUD because mine was on vacation but fuck if I won't fight to let Johan have his own doctor.
I have also become one of those people who spends an obscene amount of money on their pet's health. I won't tell you the price but it was around about a fuck of a lot. But I didn't even blink because I have my tax refund and honestly, I couldn't put him down without giving him a chance. He's my surly little asshole. Besides, he already has the pirate name so what is one eye? I'm just really hoping that the recuperation period isn't too traumatic on either one of us.
When I got home and there was no pig yelling at me I lost it and started weeping. I think a big part of it was from relief but another from the anxiety of not knowing what is going to happen overnight. Nothing is ever done and settled until it is and I can't calm down. But at least I know I did my part and I gave my boy a chance and hopefully I'll get to bring him home tomorrow.
Lord knows I've cried enough today.And I'm so sorry, buddy, I'm so sorry I let this happen. I don't know what I could have done to prevent it. But I'm so sorry because I never knew you were in pain until the vet told me because you acted like your usual self. But I'm so, so sorry.
His vet didn't do the surgery but she was so sweet. She asked me when I'd noticed the change and I told her it was around Thursday or Friday and I'd been told today at 9:20 was the earliest appointment I could get with her. "He saw someone else once and I didn't like him." She was so nice. She told me she wasn't available for surgery until Friday and I almost broke down when I said "but I don't know where to take him?" She just said "no, my partners can also do it but who didn't you like?" because she wanted to spare me if she could. I let her know that I didn't care who did the surgery, as long as they were competent, I just didn't like my one previous run in with the guy because he gave me a faulty diagnosis. She also told me she was in until11 tomorrow and that she would check on him before she left for the day. I love my piggy's vet. I let a different gynecologist put in my IUD because mine was on vacation but fuck if I won't fight to let Johan have his own doctor.
I have also become one of those people who spends an obscene amount of money on their pet's health. I won't tell you the price but it was around about a fuck of a lot. But I didn't even blink because I have my tax refund and honestly, I couldn't put him down without giving him a chance. He's my surly little asshole. Besides, he already has the pirate name so what is one eye? I'm just really hoping that the recuperation period isn't too traumatic on either one of us.
When I got home and there was no pig yelling at me I lost it and started weeping. I think a big part of it was from relief but another from the anxiety of not knowing what is going to happen overnight. Nothing is ever done and settled until it is and I can't calm down. But at least I know I did my part and I gave my boy a chance and hopefully I'll get to bring him home tomorrow.
Lord knows I've cried enough today.And I'm so sorry, buddy, I'm so sorry I let this happen. I don't know what I could have done to prevent it. But I'm so sorry because I never knew you were in pain until the vet told me because you acted like your usual self. But I'm so, so sorry.
No comments:
Post a Comment