My car died again yesterday. I waited about 45 minutes in the cold (whilst it was snowing) for AAA to come out. I was, once again, in front of the grocery store so at least I had a bag of goldfish crackers to keep me company. This time the guy told me I DID need a new battery so I shelled out the $117 and drove home, feeling content that all was well. I didn't even cry.
It died again today, in different parking lot, further away from my home. This makes me think I need a new alternator, which I'm sure is extremely expensive. And I was doing so well. I got up, scrubbed my kitchen, cleaned my living room, organized a few things and then put on a coat to run errands. This time the car actually started on its own so I was able to cancel my AAA call and I made an appointment with my mechanic for Monday (if she starts) but he wasn't all that reassuring about my driving in case it is the alternator. So I might have to cancel and take to the horribly expensive people at the front of my neighborhood.
I'm so very tired of this. I keep trying and trying and the minute I feel happy it seems that someone just pulls the rug out from under me.
So what's the point in trying?
But I'm a big girl and so I have to be practical and play the role of self and helpful boyfriend (can you tell yet that I'd really like to have a nice, stable relationship so that I don't have to deal with this by myself all the time and maybe I could have some comfort in the form of a handsome, strong, reliable individual? Ever the feminist). So I am going to beg my friend for a favor and if she agrees, have my car towed to the shop and ask her to drive me home so that I don't have to call a cab. And I've emailed my boss and the ops manager who has access to his approvals to let them know I'll need PTO on Monday.
Now, back to crying and feeling frustrated and woe is me. And maybe a walk to the store for some soothing wine. If only I'd had that damned food processor delivered to my home address.
It died again today, in different parking lot, further away from my home. This makes me think I need a new alternator, which I'm sure is extremely expensive. And I was doing so well. I got up, scrubbed my kitchen, cleaned my living room, organized a few things and then put on a coat to run errands. This time the car actually started on its own so I was able to cancel my AAA call and I made an appointment with my mechanic for Monday (if she starts) but he wasn't all that reassuring about my driving in case it is the alternator. So I might have to cancel and take to the horribly expensive people at the front of my neighborhood.
I'm so very tired of this. I keep trying and trying and the minute I feel happy it seems that someone just pulls the rug out from under me.
So what's the point in trying?
But I'm a big girl and so I have to be practical and play the role of self and helpful boyfriend (can you tell yet that I'd really like to have a nice, stable relationship so that I don't have to deal with this by myself all the time and maybe I could have some comfort in the form of a handsome, strong, reliable individual? Ever the feminist). So I am going to beg my friend for a favor and if she agrees, have my car towed to the shop and ask her to drive me home so that I don't have to call a cab. And I've emailed my boss and the ops manager who has access to his approvals to let them know I'll need PTO on Monday.
Now, back to crying and feeling frustrated and woe is me. And maybe a walk to the store for some soothing wine. If only I'd had that damned food processor delivered to my home address.
No comments:
Post a Comment